Plugin Contributions

Default Radio Buttons/unlimited quantity

I have products that I never run out of and I do not want to have to worry about quantity and sold out signs on my site. How do I do this?

Also, I am clicking on dropdown under option name manager, but it just keeps coming up as a radio button. And they are all selected how do I fix this so that they have to choose one of the options and they are in a dropdown menu????

Jared

PS - Thank you so much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Radio Buttons/unlimited quantity

In admin > Configuration > Stock, set
    Check stock level to false, and
    Subtract stock to false.
    You may also want to set
    Allow Checkout to true.

It sounds like you are configuring the dropdown wrong. If there is only one value for a dropdown option name, it will show as a selected radiobutton. When there is more than one valur, it will switch to displaying as a dropdown.

You are making each choice a separate option name; you need to use one option name, and create all of its possible option values under that.
    If you want the customer to make a conscious choice and not just accept a default, you can make another option value under the option name, called "Select" or whatever, and add it in Attribute Controller. In the row of brightly colored boxes, set "Select" as Default and Display Only.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    In admin > Configuration > Stock, set
    Check stock level to false, and
    Subtract stock to false.
    You may also want to set
    Allow Checkout to true.

It sounds like you are configuring the dropdown wrong. If there is only one value for a dropdown option name, it will show as a selected radiobutton. When there is more than one valur, it will switch to displaying as a dropdown.
    Does anyone know how to change this behavior? I would like to have the option remain as a drop-down with only one option to keep the interaction consistent.

thanks,
    Don

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by donplay View Post
    Does anyone know how to change this behavior? I would like to have the option remain as a drop-down with only one option to keep the interaction consistent.

thanks,h
    Don
    "I would like to have the option remain as a drop-down with only one value" is what I meant to say...thanks!

Plugin Contributions

That will requre some coding deep within the workings of Zen Cart. There is no switch for it. If you do change it, consider carefully where else the change might show up beside product info pages, and whether that will be good.

Plugin Contributions

Hi gjh42,

Thanks for the response. Do you have any idea where that change would be? What other major impact could you forsee it affecting?

I would do the change on my test server first and check the impact in other areas but any pointers I can have would be helpful.

thanks,
    Don

Plugin Contributions

You would need to alter the module for the attributes.php ...

However, the reason this was done when a Dropdown contained only one value is that it gets obnoxious to click Dropdowns that have no choices ...

The code does automatically switch back to Dropdown as soon as there is more the one option value ...

This case statement would need to be turned off to allow the dropdown to processes as a dropdown regardless of how many option values there are:
    PHP Code:
                      case ($products_options->RecordCount() == 1):
                      if (
    $show_attributes_qty_prices_icon == 'true') {

$options_name[] = '<label class="switchedLabel ONE" for="' 'attrib-' $products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] . '-' $products_options_value_id '">' ATTRIBUTES_QTY_PRICE_SYMBOL $products_options_names->fields['products_options_name'] . '</label>';
                      } else {

$options_name[] = $products_options_names->fields['products_options_name'];
                      }

$options_menu[] = zen_draw_radio_field('id[' $products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] . ']'$products_options_value_id'selected''id="' 'attrib-' $products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] . '-' $products_options_value_id '"') . '<label class="attribsRadioButton" for="' 'attrib-' $products_options_names->fields['products_options_id'] . '-' $products_options_value_id '">' $products_options_details '</label>' "\n";

$options_comment[] = $products_options_names->fields['products_options_comment'];

$options_comment_position[] = ($products_options_names->fields['products_options_comment_position'] == '1' '1' '0');
                      break; 
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh for direction on where to find this logic. Much appreciated! I will give it a shot.

The current logic replacing the drop down with a radio button makes a lot of sense...I understand why it was put in as single-choice dropdowns are a bit annoying. However the feeling with the store owner I am working with is that they would like to keep the interaction consistent whether there is one size or more than one size available.

Thanks to Ajeh and gjh42 for all the help!

Plugin Contributions

I wasn't sure where the logic was located. Since it is confined within the attributes module, there should be no overspill of effects.

Plugin Contributions

( just thinking out loud, but if you only have one choice for size (as an example) why would you force your customer to make a choice at all? ... Very un-friendly to your customers )
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.