Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express checkout button missing

Ok after more testing, I found that everything is working ok but still when the customers comes back to the site, it is presented with step 2 of 3 because of the coupon. Ok that is fine with me but as it is step 2 of 3, which is a payment step, below the coupon, it asks for the payment method AGAIN. This is what is confusing for customers.

Is that how it is suppose to be? For example, if the zen cart was vanilla without any custom templates, will step 2 show the payment again?

I am trying to find out if it is how it is or its because of my templates.

Thanks...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nrg77 View Post
    Is that how it is suppose to be? For example, if the zen cart was vanilla without any custom templates, will step 2 show the payment again?
    If the customer has clicked Express Checkout and returned to your site and is progressing through the rest of checkout, then there should be no payment methods displayed below the coupon fields. Just a Continue button.

If the customer has made changes to their order or has backed-up during checkout and started over in some way, then the payment methods will be re-displayed ... and the customer may in some cases be taken back to PayPal again to confirm their details ... if the system detects that they've attempted to change something from what was sent back from PayPal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

In that case, I think there is something wrong with my templates then because the payment method is shown again. But paypal is selected by default and if they click continue which brings them to step 3 of 3 and hit confirm once more, it will give them "checkout success".

I guess now, I need to figure out why the payment method is shown again coming back from paypal express.

Thanks DrByte.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your tpl_checkout_payment_default.php template file is likely the place to start.
    It could be a problem elsewhere, but that's the more obvious starting point.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, let me see what I can find....

Plugin Contributions

Excellent, its working correctly now.

As you said, I was using older templates therefore it did not accomodate for the PPEC feature. So what I did was I used winmerge to open up the newest template from 1.3.7.1 and my current template and I simply merged the two files or appended the PPEC sections to my current template and now everything is working great.

Thank you so much for your help.

On to a different but sort of related matter:

I am actually using paypal payment pro and I need to use direct api which I know is not available at this time. So I am thinking about switching to payflow pro to use the direct api and I know that you have created a module for this. But if ZC will come out with the payment pro direct api module soon, I won't even bother because from what I've heard, I need to call in to paypal customer service/sales and have them change my account to payflow pro from payment pro (hassle). Also, it states that payflow pro needs to use your current existing merchant account and I am currently just using paypal as the merchant provider so I don't even know if that would work.

If you know any insights, don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123