Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express checkout button missing

I don't remember what version it was built from and as you can see, its been tweaked and tinkered alot. I have since added several modules but none of them are payment modules other than the patches for the paypal that came out recently.

I have sent the snapshot of the admin/payment settings to you.

Well the situation is what it is, so what can I do next? I was tempted just to add the paypal EC url to the checkout/login page, but I don't think that would work as the checkout page won't know what to do after that.

Please be reminded that the EC is working, just it is not express since there is no button. When customer lands on the payment method, the paypal icon actually is using EC as that is the only module I enabled for paypal.

PS: Thanks for the heads up on the IE6. I recently made a change to the color of the headers and when I cropped the left image, I cropped it 1px too wide therefore in IE6, it knocked it down.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Last edited by nrg77; 11 Jul 2007 at 02:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nrg77 View Post
    Well the situation is what it is, so what can I do next?
    You need to upgrade your template files.
    Namely, the tpl_shopping_cart_default.php and tpl_login_default.php

For the shopping cart template, you're missing this:
    Code:
    <!-- ** BEGIN PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT ** -->
    <?php  // the tpl_ec_button template only displays EC option if cart contents >0 and value >0
    if (defined('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_STATUS') && MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_STATUS == 'True') {
      include(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/tpl_ec_button.php');
    }
    ?>
    <!-- ** END PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT ** -->
    and for the login template you're missing at least this part:
    Code:
    <?php if ( USE_SPLIT_LOGIN_MODE == 'True' || $ec_button_enabled) { ?>
    <!--BOF PPEC split login- DO NOT REMOVE-->
    <fieldset class="floatingBox back">
    <legend><?php echo HEADING_NEW_CUSTOMER_SPLIT; ?></legend>
    <?php // ** BEGIN PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT ** ?>
    <?php if ($ec_button_enabled) { ?>
    <div class="information"><?php echo TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_INTRODUCTION_SPLIT; ?></div>

<div class="center"><?php require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/tpl_ec_button.php'); ?></div>
    <hr />
    <?php echo TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_POST_INTRODUCTION_DIVIDER; ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php // ** END PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT ** ?>
    <div class="information"><?php echo TEXT_NEW_CUSTOMER_POST_INTRODUCTION_SPLIT; ?></div>

<?php echo zen_draw_form('create', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL')); ?>
    <div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_CREATE_ACCOUNT, BUTTON_CREATE_ACCOUNT_ALT); ?></div>
    </form>
    </fieldset>

<fieldset class="floatingBox forward">
    <legend><?php echo HEADING_RETURNING_CUSTOMER_SPLIT; ?></legend>
    <div class="information"><?php echo TEXT_RETURNING_CUSTOMER_SPLIT; ?></div>

<?php echo zen_draw_form('login', zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, 'action=process', 'SSL')); ?>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="login-email-address"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('email_address', '', 'size="18" id="login-email-address"'); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

<label class="inputLabel" for="login-password"><?php echo ENTRY_PASSWORD; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_password_field('password', '', 'size="18" id="login-password"'); ?>
    <?php echo zen_draw_hidden_field('securityToken', $_SESSION['securityToken']); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

<div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_LOGIN, BUTTON_LOGIN_ALT); ?></div>
    <div class="buttonRow back important"><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . TEXT_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN . '</a>'; ?></div>
    </form>
    </fieldset>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <!--EOF PPEC split login- DO NOT REMOVE-->
    <?php } else { ?>
    <!--BOF normal login-->
    and a closing } toward the end of the file.

Get yourself a copy of WinMerge and do a compare. Hopefully that's all you're missing.
    You should probably check all your custom template files to determine what features and bugfixes you're missing.
    Hopefully you're not also missing updates in module files too.
    Perhaps it's time to re-engage your developer to bring things up to date.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Based on the information you provided me, I realized that my "tpl_login_default.php" does not need to be changed to include the express checkout but the "tpl_shopping_cart_default.php" does. The reason is because the first screen you will see when you hit "checkout" is the shopping cart page and there you will see the express checkout button. Or am I missing something?

Ok, back to the issue at hand. I realized that the templates were old as you said. So I simply copy the paypal express checkout button code to my template and it seems to be ok but I will test that later.

Any thoughts on doing it this way?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, after testing it with sandbox, it "seems" to be working, but I have dug up another issue. When you click shopping cart, it goes to the page showing the contents of the cart and a button for checkout and a button for paypal express checkout. Ok, now I click the express checkout and it takes me to he paypal login...etc then after you click "pay", it returns to the site BUT to step 2of3 instead of "Checkout Success". Funny thing is, if you hit continue to step 3 and hit confirm order, it will give you "checkout success" as long as paypal was still the method chosen after the return url.

How can I fix this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

it returns to the site BUT to step 2of3 instead of "Checkout Success".
    In your Zen Cart Express Checkout module, change the settings to skip those pages:
    Express Checkout: Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically
    When customer returns from PayPal, do we want to automatically select the Cheapest shipping method and skip the shipping page? (making it more *express*)
    Note: enabling this means the customer does *not* have easy access to select an alternate shipping method (without going back to the Checkout-Step-1 page)

- Yes
    - No

Express Checkout: Skip Payment Page

If the customer is checking out with Express Checkout, do you want to skip the checkout payment page, making things more *express*?
    (NOTE: The Payment Page will auto-display regardless of this setting if you have Coupons or Gift Certificates enabled in your store.)

- Yes
    - No

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

They are both set to "yes" already but still doesn't skip.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What shipping methods are available for your customers?
    If it cannot auto-select the cheapest shipping then it's going to ask for a shipping choice.

Do you have coupons or gift certificates enabled in your store? If you have them enabled, then the payment page will always be shown to your customer so they can redeem them.

Plugin Contributions

Currently the shipping is flat fee based on zones so no they don't get to select as there is only one choice base on their location.

As for coupons, I am not sure if its enabled or not. But let's just say it is enabled and because of that, it will take them back to the page where they can enter the coupon. Now, the next question is, how can I customize it so there is a message of such where the customer won't get confused.

A question popped up in my mind is this. If after clicking pay on the paypal page and it comes back to the site, and at this point the customer abandons the cart and not click continue/checkout. Will the sale go through on paypal side?

Thanks for all your help DrByte.

Plugin Contributions

A new issue introduced itself today. As I was saying yesterday or early this morning EC was working fine accept for the fact that it brings you back to the payment method page.

But now, it got worse. It is in an infinite loop. When you choose EC and it will guide you to step 3of3 and if you click continue, it will loop you back to step 1 instead of going to paypal page.

I found a fix which is simply to uninstall the module and reinstall it...That does the trick...(unexpected file corruption?)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Currently the shipping is flat fee based on zones so no they don't get to select as there is only one choice base on their location.
    How have you configured those zones? Is it generating the rates properly ?

As for coupons, I am not sure if its enabled or not. But let's just say it is enabled and because of that, it will take them back to the page where they can enter the coupon. Now, the next question is, how can I customize it so there is a message of such where the customer won't get confused.
    If you have coupons enabled, your customer will see an input box telling them to enter their coupon code if they have one. It's very obvious. You can't miss it. Same with gift certificates. Both will show up "above" all the radio-buttons for available payment options.

A question popped up in my mind is this. If after clicking pay on the paypal page and it comes back to the site, and at this point the customer abandons the cart and not click continue/checkout. Will the sale go through on paypal side?
    No way. Never. If the customer doesn't confirm the order, you don't want to be taking money from them.

But now, it got worse. When you choose EC and it will guide you to step 3of3 and if you click continue, it will loop you back to step 1 instead of going to paypal page.
    This suggests that it doesn't like the shipping method selected ... or has forgotten what it was.

I found a fix which is simply to uninstall the module and reinstall it...That does the trick...(unexpected file corruption?)
    If that solved all the problems, great !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast