Plugin Contributions

Default Absolute Links Sidebox

I needed a sidebox that would show on all pages except SSL pages and therefore avoid the dreaded secure/non-secure warning when sidebox contained direct/absolute links to external websites and image urls.

I didn't find a mod in the downloads, so I made one based on one 'gilby' wrote. I submitted it as a contributed mod named Absolute Links Sidebox, so hopefully the Zen team will use it in the downloads.

You can see it in action on my website link below in the lower left corner of the web page. (Cottage Decor sidebox). Please feel free to put something in the cart and when you proceed to checkout where you input your name, etc., scroll down and you will see that the sidebox is gone and the "lock" is secure. No security warning of secure/non-secure items on page.

NOTE: From the menu, please use a Shabby Signs product to put in your cart if you would like to test it.

There are many, many threads/posts on this forum about absolute vs relative links, so I believe that some will like this mod.

Tested on v1.3.7 , FF and IE6

cheers,
    Shirley

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Absolute Links Sidebox

Thanks for this thread, it works perfectly!!!
    Now if I can only figure out how to apply it to just one catagory and not all pages, I'll be set.