Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Default Re: PC Configurator For Zen Cart

See post #1 download, the link there has been updated with the new working version.

I will post a new readme, and full english files (there are 4 that are wrong)

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded the contribution for Personal Computer Configurator and I having a problem. I get this error message:

Personal Computer Configurator - Step 1

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 507 bytes) in /home/bigmicro/public_html/includes/functions/functions_taxes.php on line 41

Can anyone help me with this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lebrand2006 View Post
    As it seems, you are testing in localhost. Well I had some problems several times with .htaccess depending on the server.

Anyway, I do not know if your live server is the same with your local server.

First, try the following URL path to see if page loads

after index.php ADD : ?main_page=pc_configurator

Maybe it is something that I did not understand.

If the above is working, there is a good way to solve this problem

Test and post the result
    I am working on a localhost setup also, and the remedy above worked.
    The problem is when selecting the Custom PC category, when taken to the defined page that contains the option to view previous creations or build a new pc is where the error is occuring.
    Page Contents = Custom PC
    Desktop Computers created from customers by using PC Configurator.
    You can select to buy one of these Computers or configure one by yourself based on your needs by pressing HERE

The links on this page are shown as "http://localhost/pc/%3C?php%20echo%20HTTP_SERVER;%20?%3E%3C?php%20echo%20DIR_WS_CATALOG;%20?%3Eindex .php?main_page=pc_configurator"

The error looks like it is in the page that defines the description above. I have been through every piece of code and cannot find where the page is being defined.
    If I can find this, then I can hard code the localhost link as you have suggested, and all should then work.

Please note the gap in the link, It is not like that in the code, it looks like it is being caused by this forum. IT has been mentioned in this thread already.

Plugin Contributions

Default Spelling mistakes

I have found a few spelling mistakes in this file, be sure you check it.

pc_configurator_defines.php

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: PC Configurator For Zen Cart

Quote Originally Posted by meatball View Post
    The links on this page are shown as "http://localhost/pc/%3C?php%20echo%20HTTP_SERVER;%20?%3E%3C?php%20echo%20DIR_WS_CATALOG;%20?%3Eindex .php?main_page=pc_configurator"

This post may help you :

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=136

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: PC Configurator For Zen Cart

Is someone interested to join a new team for PC Configurator Development ?

We should make good work, for this module to be implemented in one of the next versions of Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

I have been trying to get this SQL patch installed correctly but I keep running in to this syntax error...any insights.

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE configuration_key = configuration_key' at line 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO wcs_configuration VALUES ('', 'Activate and Select Product Group for Field No 1', 'PRODUCTS_GROUP_PC_CONFIGURATOR_1', 'off', '
    Select from the drop down list, which Product Group you want to display in this field in the Shop PC Configurator Table.
    \
    The Default Value selected on the drop down list with Product Option Names for this products group field in the Shop will be exactly as it shows here.

The Sort Order for this products group field in the Shop will also be exactly as it shows here.

So, PC Configurator in the Shop will be like an image of this screen. You can change these values whenever you want, without affecting the functionality of PC Configurator but only customers options and sort order.

The fields you do not want to display in Shop PC Configurator, should have the value "off" (default)
    ', 9453, 1, now(), now(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array (array(''id''=>''off'', ''text''=>''off''), array(''id''=>''Computer Case'', ''text''=>''Computer Case''), array(''id''=>''Intel Motherboard'', ''text''=>''Intel Motherboard''), array(''id''=>''AMD Motherboard'', ''text''=>''AMD Motherboard''), array(''id''=>''Intel Proccesor'', ''text''=>''Intel Proccesor''), array(''id''=>''AMD Proccesor'', ''text''=>''AMD Proccesor''), array(''id''=>''Ram Memory'', ''text''=>''Ram Memory''), array(''id''=>''Extra Ram Memory'', ''text''=>''Extra Ram Memory''), array(''id''=>''Graphics Card - VGA'', ''text''=>''Graphics Card - VGA''), array(''id''=>''Floppy Disk Drive'', ''text''=>''Floppy Disk Drive''), array(''id''=>''Hard Disk Drive'', ''text''=>''Hard Disk Drive''), array(''id''=>''Extra Hard Disk Drive'', ''text''=>''Extra Hard Disk Drive''), array(''id''=>''CD ROM - DVD ROM'', ''text''=>''CD ROM - DVD ROM''), array(''id''=>''DVD RW - CD ROM'', ''text''=>''DVD RW - CD ROM''), array(''id''=>''Keyboard'', ''text''=>''Keyboard''), array(''id''=>''Keyboard + Mouse SET'', ''text''=>''Keyboard + Mouse SET''), array(''id''=>''Mouse'', ''text''=>''Mouse''), array(''id''=>''Display Monitor'', ''text''=>''Display Monitor''), array(''id''=>''Sound Card'', ''text''=>''Sound Card''), array(''id''=>''Speakers'', ''text''=>''Speakers''), array(''id''=>''Modem - Fax'', ''text''=>''Modem - Fax''), array(''id''=>''Extra PC Parts'', ''text''=>''Extra PC Parts''), array(''id''=>''Other Extra Options'', ''text''=>''Other Extra Options''), array(''id''=>''Operating System'', ''text''=>''Operating System''), array(''id''=>''Power Supply'', ''text''=>''Power Supply''), array(''id''=>''Printer'', ''text''=>''Printer''), array(''id''=>''Scanner'', ''text''=>''Scanner''), array(''id''=>''Software/Applications'', ''text''=>''Software/Applications''), array(''id''=>''Support Services/Internet Services'', ''text''=>''Support Services/Internet Services'')),') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE configuration_key = configuration_key;]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Plugin Contributions

Default Reply to tvwright

Did you insert manualy this prefix ( wcs_ )? :

"INSERT INTO wcs_configuration VALUES"

Have in mind that if you use Zen to patch the database, it adds the prefix automatically.

Do you have any experience with MyAdmin for MySQL ?

Another thing to do is to remove this :

ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE configuration_key = configuration_key

Exactly what you see above !!!

You will find this 28 times in the file

"INSTALL_PC_CONFIGURATOR_SQL PATCHES.sql.txt"

Open the above file with a text editor of your choice and use "find and replace" type command

find : ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE configuration_key = configuration_key

replace : JUST LEAVE IT BLANK

Then try to install

If you have any other problem, POST here or pm me or email me direct : [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I've read some the later posts in here because I'm very interested in this project because I'm working on 2 web shops.
    One is for a PC retail and one is for a bycicle shop where costumers should be able to configurate their product. The engine is actually the same but on the byke shop there is are more products which exclude certain parts for configuration.
    Like with PC's where you can't use an intel board with AMD CPU's.
    My question: Are there exclusions possible where the script automatically excludes certain parts which are not working with an choosen part?

My second question is actually more a suggestion because I've seen that there are a view problems with server variables such as testing on localhost.

I'm not that good with php but wouldn't it make sense to define all configuration variables in an external script and include them at the beginning of all other scripts to have one place where all user/server specific variables can be found instandly?

cheers Ullika

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Reply to Ullika - Previous post

This was one of my first "big" projects with PHP.

It is based on Zen Cart and using functions of it. The structure could be completely diferent, but I did not know from the start how to write the code.

I started with some lines, and after there were many other ideas.

For now there is not check for compatibility, but it can be done with AJAX.

But, first of all, I thought it would be better to write the code for massive products insertion.

So, if somebody wants to build a new store, he can easily insert 100 diferent products in 5 screens.

Then I will proceed to write the code for compatibility check.

Last step is to reconstruct the code from the start, to be as you suggest so variables and defines are together ALL in the same file.

As there are many ideas for templates and compatibility with Zen Cart versions, there is a VERY LONG way to do all the above.

I believe that in the next 3-4 years it will be a nice module !

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast