Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [CURL_ERRORS] => (18) Any idea?

ses707,
    That's excellent.
    I'm trying to think of some less-instrusive ways to make that change ... without touching so many files.
    Perhaps a redirect of sorts in the original ipn_main_handler.php
    (ie: rename the original one to .php5, and add a new file that just redirects to the new one, along with all the applicable URL params if needed)?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Oh, and one note ... you mention 2 files which do not currently use CURL, so probably don't need to be touched, since they are IPN-only activity, at least "today" in ZC v1.3.x:

/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php
    /includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    ses707,
    That's excellent.
    I'm trying to think of some less-instrusive ways to make that change ... without touching so many files.
    Perhaps a redirect of sorts in the original ipn_main_handler.php
    (ie: rename the original one to .php5, and add a new file that just redirects to the new one, along with all the applicable URL params if needed)?
    I think ideally this should be reviewed at the development level as to why we're not using a
    Code:
    define('FILENAME_IPN_MAIN_HANDLER', 'ipn_main_handler.php');
    In the meantime I'm wondering if an 'include' or 'require' would parse with the .php5 if it's called from a .php.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've been pondering the use of a define.

I also am uncertain about the .php5 being parsed properly as you mentioned. One way to find out !!

Plugin Contributions

I've been experiencing inconsistencies with this still and have some questions.
    #1 - I have both PayPal IPN and PayPal WPP running at the same time (so we grab new customers that want to follow the regular checkout and just pay with a credit card and then we grab the current PayPal customers that want to use express checkout).
    #2 - PayPal PDT is setup which I believe is causing all the problems I am experiencing.

Symptoms:
    1. PayPalWPP orders sometimes have full order information in the admin section ... it seems that if PDT gets in first we get no order details and if it gets in last (and aborts) we get full order details ... PayPal order always contains full details.
    2. PayPal IPN orders almost never have good details ... it looks like PDT beats IPN everytime and then none of the order details are in the admin section or on the PayPal order.

So my questions are:
    1. How does a PDT entry differ from an IPN entry when it comes to order details? Is it possible we have another 1&1 glitch?
    2. If I turn off PDT on PayPal site and leave the token key in does the module not serialize orders and I have a problem?
    3. If I remove the PDT token key and I turn off PDT on PayPal does the PayPal IPN module still function 100% as it used to or are we dependant on PDT now?

Edit:
    The above fix is appearantly not 100%, I have received 1 order out of about 100 that still shows a curl error...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ses707 View Post
    3. If I remove the PDT token key and I turn off PDT on PayPal does the PayPal IPN module still function 100% as it used to or are we dependant on PDT now?
    If you turn off PDT on both ends, it functions normally as IPN ... waiting for the IPN in order to release the order.

Plugin Contributions

I've been doing a bit of experimenting (as I have the same problem with fasthosts here in the UK, which i think is the same setup stuff as 1and1). Basically it seems to be just the PayPal secure url it's having a problem with.

This simple PHP can demonstrate the problem, to the paypal URL we get the -1 bytes problem, to any other SSL i've tried (including https://www.paypaldeveloper.com/) come through without errors.

Smacks of some wacky issue on the PayPal side?, it seems to work to other SSLs in and around the paypal network. Perhaps some OS issue on the API server side?

<?php
    //
    // A very simple example that gets a HTTP page.
    //

$ch = curl_init();

if (isset($_GET["url"])) {
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $_GET["url"]);
    } else {
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp");
    }
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    //curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 30000);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION,0);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST,2);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_FORBID_REUSE, true);
    //curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POST,1);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION, "1.0");
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);

$response = curl_exec($ch);
    $commError = curl_error($ch);
    $commErrNo = curl_errno($ch);

$commInfo = @curl_getinfo($ch);
    curl_close($ch);

$errors = ($commErrNo != 0 ? "\n(" . $commErrNo . ') ' . $commError : '');

// do debug/logging
    print "<PRE>";
    print $response;
    print $errors . ($commErrNo != 0 ? "\n" . print_r($commInfo, true) : '');
    PRINT "</PRE>";

?>

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fasthosts servers have a number of *other* problems related to SSL, discussed around the forum.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time with them.
    You may choose otherwise -- naturally that's up to you.

If you choose to continue the testing you've started, you may want to look into whether PHP5 vs PHP4 makes any difference. You might even log a call with PayPal's tech support, although I doubt they'll change their postback methods for your hosting arrangements.

IMO based on experience with various clients and a number of folks on the support forum here, it seems that while 1and1 and fasthosts may be well-known names and their hosting services may be low-cost, they really are best-suited for a certain niche, and apparently ecommerce and SSL are not their strengths.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Doc, i'm very much inclined to agree with you.

ZC would work with their crippled setup with enough work arounds but this problem seems to be related to libcurl version. FH have php 4.3.1 and libcurl 7.10.2 (running CGI on IIS btw).

The rest of the world have PHP5 and libcurl 7.15, or at least PHP 4 with 7.15. No amount of dl() and other wacky ideas have helped get 7.15 loading.

Likely hood of change? PHP0

If you're not using paypal you have to backup your DB, put the full ZC install onto the shared windows space, install it and restore your DB. (the DB steps are just cos i dont know how to tell ZC it's already installed). It does work okay except for curl related stuff. I think IPN might work now for me, not sure.

bobf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12