Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Question about GoDaddy and Zen Cart (Sigh)

Hi all!
    Im new here and new to building a website. After reading the many posts regarding GoDaddy Im starting to feel like I made a big mistake.

I tried the PayPal shopping cart until I realized there was a huge (for me) problem with it.

My question is.... Will Zen Cart work with "Website Tonight". With money being real tight right now I thought it was the best way to go.

I tried to get Zenc Cart going but the instructions and the advice from other posters didnt match what I was seeing at GoDaddy.

Thanks & have a great day!

Liza

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about GoDaddy and Zen Cart (Sigh)

I am not sure about "Website Tonight" but both our Zen Cart installs are on GoDaddy as well as 65 other domains I manage.

Unless you get one of GoDaddy's Deluxe or Premium plans, their Economy servers are very over worked. And there is little or NO support from GoDaddy. Once I upgraded to deluxe hosting, things got a little better.

We will be setting up a dedicated server this winter. Probably with GoDaddy, the price seems OK, and we have 65 domains "locked" into GD

JOhn ><>
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about GoDaddy and Zen Cart (Sigh)

Godaddy has a “CURL proxy”, I think this was the reason when I tried to edit my database my page would time out and what ever I was editing would be completely deleted, this also caused thing like my paypal express not to work

Heres a thread that talks specifically about GoDaddy and CURL proxy setup:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61528

If you have a Godaddy server and if your page times out it may be because CURL timeouts, this suggests DNS or firewall problems"

From what I gather GoDaddy may block access to your database... I have never had this problem with the other 7 servers I have had over the years, and I have to complain about their email accounts, they only give you 25MB accounts unless you pay them an extra $19 per year for 1GB account, they also do not have automatic creating of FTP accounts for your addon domains and you can only manually set up 5 before you have to pay for more, I thought they would be great but they have been annoying in soo soo many ways…