Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Found it............

define('DPU_SHOW_QUANTITY', true);
    define('DPU_SHOW_QUANTITY_FRAME', ' (%s)');

in 'dpu_ajax.php'

Hi Dan,

I am having the same problem as leearmstrong3. The page just keeps loading and loading even though it looks like it's all loaded. I uninstalled this mod to see if it was something else but it worked without this. Reinstalled it and I am having this problem.

You can see it here http://frompropertorocker.com/index....roducts_id=496

I went here includes/modules/pages/product_info/jscript_ajax_updater.php and changed line 35 like you posted for leearmstrong3 (of course with my site instead of his :) ).

Anything else I can try?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi all

Firstly, I am working on the 1% issue; it's a tricky little swine and it's proving recalcitrant so I thank you all for your continued patience... I really hope the fix isn't too far away

nolsowski, I've checked out your site and the Updater seems to be working fine... I did notice that there is a JQuery error happening (the Updater doesn't use a Javascript library) and the Updater is having trouble removing a node... Neither of these appear to be affecting perfomance, however... Am I missing something? If I am please let me know

Cheers

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Hi all

Firstly, I am working on the 1% issue; it's a tricky little swine and it's proving recalcitrant so I thank you all for your continued patience... I really hope the fix isn't too far away

nolsowski, I've checked out your site and the Updater seems to be working fine... I did notice that there is a JQuery error happening (the Updater doesn't use a Javascript library) and the Updater is having trouble removing a node... Neither of these appear to be affecting perfomance, however... Am I missing something? If I am please let me know

Cheers

Dan
    Well that's strange. I cleared out my cookies and it seems to be fine now too. Must have just been me. I was also getting a lot of status returns too but haven't noticed that yet since I cleared my cookies.

How did you figure out that I have a JQuery error? I wonder what it is and how to fix it.

Thanks for all your help!

Plugin Contributions

Hey Dan

Thanks a stack for your time and effort on this mod, I will sit here patiently waiting for your fix. As far as I know this is the only one out there so you holding my world in your hands.

Just a quick question, do you know if this 1% issue is happening to all installations? I read in much earlier posts that it works fine if products are price per attribute. Is it true? If so there a way that I could apply some sort of 'if' statement prior to execution, like....

Code:
    if (product_id == 'product_attributes') { execute dpu_files }

else { ignore dpu_files }

OR......

if (product_id == !'product_attributes') { give it a 1% discount }

else { do nothing}
    Defo not a genius on this, but thought I would throw in my 2 cents, just incase. Maybe it triggers off something thats been filed away in the back of the brain somewhere:)

Anyways, Good Luck and hope you crack it, really want to use the feature.

----------------------------------
    Jay

Plugin Contributions

Oh! before I forget, (if it helps) did a fresh installation of zen cart and installed your mod, and it works perfectly, no 1% added on base price, only difference thats immediately noticable is my currency is £ (problem site) and new install is $

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Hi Matt

I've had a look at the page and I can confirm that the issue isn't related to any other module

It's being caused by the fact that there are no select or radio/checkbox attributes on the page... The 'seeker' RegEx pulls the currency identifiers from those attributes

Essentially you have found a situation I forgot to account for

Leave it with me; I have to go do some last minute shopping (should be fun this close to Xmas)... When I get back I'll post a NastyHack™ solution before actually preparing a proper solution

I'll get back to you as soon as I have a workaround

Cheers

Dan
    Hi Chrome I have a question for you. Is the module just for attributes? If not the problem with MSRP still exits. I Have read a lot of this thread and can not find a solution for it. I know you worked out the sale price to work with it. I never read were you found a solution for lankeeyankee. I know you are a busy person, but if you could find a solution for this I would appreciate it very much.
    I have UN-installed the module until it is fixed.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Interesting find. I edited my product and changed it to 'priced by attributes', as well as changing from Taxable Goods to '--none--'.... volia no 1% added to either the product or the attribute. Thought this might be worth a mention in trying to find this fix. Is it something to do with the way the products are taxed?

Plugin Contributions

Hi all

Sorry for the delay in responding... I was also thinking that the problem is with the tax... My problem currently is every time I set about this code I get called onto other work... I know this is important to people and I am going to get it sorted very soon

Cheers

Dan

Plugin Contributions

I keep getting the same problem as post #791.
    Code:
    PHP Warning:  reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /includes/classes/dynamic_price_updater.php on line 197
    PHP Warning:  Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /includes/classes/dynamic_price_updater.php on line 198
    Do I miss any fix in this thread?