Page 70 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Dan, I'm subscribed to the thread from a while ago, I have used it on both of my Zen sites to date. Let me just say I think it is a fantastic contribution, one that in all honesty I'd put right at the top of the list to be incorporated into Zen's core.

You need not explain yourself on here. Free software created by the hard work of people out of the goodness of their heart needs no apologies for any reason.

If there are problems then people need to find workarounds or find a solution and post it to benefit the community. Anyhow - Thanks.

Steve
    Site Under Construction: adatglobal.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi Steve

Thanks for the encouragement! I only created DPU to give back to the community but it is nice to know that's it's appreciated

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stiggy100 View Post
    Dan, I'm subscribed to the thread from a while ago, I have used it on both of my Zen sites to date. Let me just say I think it is a fantastic contribution, one that in all honesty I'd put right at the top of the list to be incorporated into Zen's core.

You need not explain yourself on here. Free software created by the hard work of people out of the goodness of their heart needs no apologies for any reason.

If there are problems then people need to find workarounds or find a solution and post it to benefit the community. Anyhow - Thanks.

I totally agree with stiggy100. You need not to be concerned with those that do not know how to appreciate a FREE contribution and yet have the audacity to criticize not only the contribution but also the developer that decides to share it with the community. I think your contribution is a great asset not only for those that manage to put it to some use but also for those of us that can benefit by learning from it.

---------------------------

I apologize before hand for somewhat going off the subject with my question. We have been working with several ajax applications that for the most part work as expected. I can add products to the shopping cart and make changes to it without reloading the page. I would like to know how could I add a code that would actually "update" the shopping cart contents on the page being displayed i.e. either on the shopping cart sidebox or next to the shopping cart link on the top menu.

In a sense, I guess I'm looking at a Dynamic "Shopping Cart Totals" Updater.

Thank you much for your time, your efforts and your add-on.
    Last edited by bigjoed; 29 Sep 2010 at 02:49 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Hi all

Simon: Did you see the link for the updated DPU currently in test which I hope fixes this issue? If not I'll repost it for you

Willy: Too little too late? This is *free* software that took a damn long time to write. Time that I could've spent, oh I don't know, making money? I don't want to sound too narky but a little respect, maybe?

Bob: In the readme it does say to set _secondPrice to false (without the quotes) to prevent it from displaying. The alternative is to set it to the name of the element you would like the price to appear before (this was created for pages that were quite lengthy so users didn't have to scroll back to the top of the page to see the updated price). There isn't a define() for it because basically it's a holdover from v1

At this current moment I'm working 3 separate jobs to try and stay afloat and my work for DPU (and, yes, I do realise that I have been lax) has had to take a back seat. I apologise for this but a little support would be greatly appreciated. If I were to be charging for the software I'd take the heat with good aplomb but I'm not and I don't want to but i do have to eat and pay my rent

Sorry for the minor rant

Dan
    LOL! Time is not free.

Plugin Contributions

Willy,

Have you noticed you are the only one complaining. Perhaps because it is seen by most on here as extremely poor form.

May I suggest you take the lesson learned from this and research an addon more thoroughly in future, that is if I'm brutally honest your shortfall not the issue of the developer.

Anyhow I fear I am becoming childish and not benefiting the community continuing this, so this is my last post regarding the subject.
    Steve
    Site Under Construction: adatglobal.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by WillyWanka666 View Post
    Please don't apologize. All your hard work is greatly appreciated. I just sent you an e-mail to my site per request. Thanks again and I hope to hear from you soon.
    I think I've been a little misunderstood. I am extremely grateful for all the hard work you've done with the DPU. The DPU is fantastic for what it is, it just didn't fit my needs. The solution I used to accomplish my immediate goals was the product attributes pictures module. Please take note of the customization page and communicate your needs with Nick and he'll be happy to help. I got everything I wanted and then some. I'm very happy with the results. It seems that I've unintentionally crossed some lines here so this will be my last post in this thread. Once again thank you chrome for all your hard work.
    Last edited by WillyWanka666; 30 Sep 2010 at 05:07 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all

Firstly thanks all for the continued support

The problem with forums and email etc. is that it's very difficult to convey context and inflections... It makes it all too easy to misinterpret meanings (as I've found out many times with sarcasm and irony; it can be taken the wrong way)

Sorry for misinterpreting your meanings, Willy... I've been under a lot of pressure and it's getting to me that I can't spend as much time as I'd like with DPU... After reading what I thought was a dig it did annoy me but I should've asked for a clarification on your comments rather than just retaliating... For that I apologise

Anyway, it's done now and I've learned yet another lesson about the web

Cheers

Dan

Plugin Contributions

I was wondering about the url address... when viewing who's online the address shows as ..../dpu_ajax.php when I am in the store but in the browser window from the store it shows correctly... how does seo stuff read the address and does having this plugin affect what is indexed fro mGoogle and such?

Plugin Contributions

Hi

DPU doesn't affect SEO or the search spiders at all

The reason you see dpu_ajax.php in who's online is that when DPU updates it causes the browser to request the PHP file that works out the new price. The user will just see the normal URL in the browser (spiders largely ignore JS) but the server will register that the browser has requested the Ajax handler. Any time you see a visitor to dpu_ajax.php it means they are on a product page

HTH

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Hi all

Simon: Did you see the link for the updated DPU currently in test which I hope fixes this issue? If not I'll repost it for you

Willy: Too little too late? This is *free* software that took a damn long time to write. Time that I could've spent, oh I don't know, making money? I don't want to sound too narky but a little respect, maybe?

Bob: In the readme it does say to set _secondPrice to false (without the quotes) to prevent it from displaying. The alternative is to set it to the name of the element you would like the price to appear before (this was created for pages that were quite lengthy so users didn't have to scroll back to the top of the page to see the updated price). There isn't a define() for it because basically it's a holdover from v1

At this current moment I'm working 3 separate jobs to try and stay afloat and my work for DPU (and, yes, I do realise that I have been lax) has had to take a back seat. I apologise for this but a little support would be greatly appreciated. If I were to be charging for the software I'd take the heat with good aplomb but I'm not and I don't want to but i do have to eat and pay my rent

Sorry for the minor rant

Dan
    Dan,

Just tried your fix on a test site and it works fine.

Thank you very much

(I hadn't bothered with it before as I am not using mootools, however it works none the less)

Simon