Page 14 of 167 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

I think I may have found another bug? Can someone check this out and let me know if they are experiencing the same thing?

I have the latest Updater installed, I am running on 1.3.7.1, many mods including IH2 and Lightbox 1.3 that's been modified to run a slideshow with additional images.

What I am experiencing is that all product prices get altered when more than one item is selected in the "Add to cart" quantity box on the product_info_default pages. If the item is $100, if you select 2 then the price that is displayed adjusts to Your price: 2 (2).(and not to $200) I didn't think that Updater affected non-attribute products, plus it doesn't show the right price or the $. I did some testing and the incorrect price is due to the MSRP mod that I have installed, creating an item with the MSRP field left blank allows Updater to show the correct price but still without the $.

I added a non-attributed item to my live test server that has only IH2 and Updater installed and it does the same thing to the price- changes it but without the $.

I'm assuming that the conflict between MSRP and Updater has something to do with the alterations to function_lookups that MSRP creates? I would so love to get these two important mods to play together nicely, does anyone have any suggestions?

I tried an older version of Updater from September but it creates the same problem, so it's nothing to do with the latest modifications to Updater.

The debugger doesn't really show anything, but here it is with a product with MSRP:

Onload quantity: Cart add INPUT discovered (1)
    Onload base price: Price found: 1
    Onload RAD/CH: Price found: 1
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload RAD/CH:
    Onload: --- End of loading procedures ---
    Quantity change: 10
    updSP: Cancelled
    Quantity change: 1
    Quantity change: 11
    Quantity change: 111
    Quantity change: 11
    Quantity change: 1
    Quantity change: 0

Help, please!

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Hi Matt

Sorry for not replying to your earlier posts... I just plain forgot with everything going on (Xmas and all that)

Could you possibly supply me with a link to a faulty page (if you like you can private message it to me)? I'd like to get this sorted too, especially as you've helped me so much

As for beta-testing, as soon as I have a version for you to test you will be the first to know

Cheers

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Hi Matt

Sorry for not replying to your earlier posts... I just plain forgot with everything going on (Xmas and all that)

Could you possibly supply me with a link to a faulty page (if you like you can private message it to me)? I'd like to get this sorted too, especially as you've helped me so much

As for beta-testing, as soon as I have a version for you to test you will be the first to know

Cheers

Dan
    Hey, no worries, Mate!

Go to drumfactorydirect dot com and try any product, enter more than 1 into the cart quantity box and you will see what I mean. I guess the easiest way to get to a product is to scroll down to the featured items, there are still a lot of empty categories.

The only products with attributes are drum parts/lugs/tube lugs and snare drums/Global Drum Company/Performer. They work as advertised. The one product without MSRP is drumfactorydirect dot com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=1789

It prices correctly for multiple quantities but doesn't display the $.

Thanks a million!!

Matt

Plugin Contributions

BTW, I'm not complaining about all of the prices being updated by changing the quantity in the add to cart box, I guess I was just a bit surprised, and alarmed at first since it was breaking with the MSRP mod, since I though tit only worked with products with attributes. I would like to be able to keep the ability to update all prices based on quantity chosen, I'm just in a bit of a bind since all 1900 products that are currently on the site use MSRP. I can reset them all using easypopulate but the MSRP really sets the prices off well. But if I have to choose between that and Updater I will go with Updater! At least until I, or we!, can figure out how to get them to behave around each other!!

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Hi Matt

I've had a look at the page and I can confirm that the issue isn't related to any other module

It's being caused by the fact that there are no select or radio/checkbox attributes on the page... The 'seeker' RegEx pulls the currency identifiers from those attributes

Essentially you have found a situation I forgot to account for

Leave it with me; I have to go do some last minute shopping (should be fun this close to Xmas)... When I get back I'll post a NastyHack™ solution before actually preparing a proper solution

I'll get back to you as soon as I have a workaround

Cheers

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Firstly I'd like to say that the concept of this mod is excellent, and I could really use it for a project I have where a client is requesting this functionality.

I am having several problems with it though, as follows:

1. I have a radio list on one page that has different side salad choices, and each of them is $2.95. But I have one option which is "none". If I choose any of the side salads it changes the price correctly, but if I then choose "none" again, the price is not changed back.

2. On some of my products, when I click a checkbox on one of the attributes, it changes the whole price to the price of the attribute. But on other products this does not happen.

Hopefully you're coming back soon!

Chris
    Last edited by innovafire; 6 Jan 2008 at 04:40 AM.

Plugin Contributions

OK scratch problem #2. I figured that one out. Needed to have that "+" sign in the attributes page.

But the problem with the radio boxes is still there.

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Try having an attribute price of $.001 for the "none" field. That should allow it to work correctly. I will have a look at my attributes setup tomorrow if this isn't working for you. There are a couple of workarounds to get this great mod to work for these situations. I have found that if you are using the MSRP mod it will give Price Updater fits.

Let me know if that helps.

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! That solved it!

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by innovafire View Post
    Thanks! That solved it!

Chris
    Cool, glad that helped!

Matt

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!