Page 23 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

Quote Originally Posted by exoticcorpse View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to do exactly, but it might be an idea to put div tags around the price and then set the CSS to display:none to stop the price from displaying but still allow the calculations to work correctly...?
    Hi exoticcorpse

I spent ages trying to add a tag around the price. I finally did (i used an em tag), but then realised that css has no affect on tags inside the option tag.

The below css has no affect

#productinfoBody #productAttributes select option em {
    display: none;
    background-color: white;
    }

I didn't know that before :-(

Plugin Contributions

I have been trying fo a little bit and hopefully someone can answer a couple of questions.

1) The price updater updates my top price even when I have selected attributes not to be added to the base price. Is there a way I can exclude select attribute prices from the price updater? I have certain items that need an extra handling charge via UPS and there appears no other way to add them to the total.

2) A smaller problem but if someone has a solution it would be great. On products with no attributes I recieve an error on page in IE. "Error: '1' is null or not an object". Can this be fixed so it does not come up with an error?

Thank You
    Paul

Plugin Contributions

Thank you thank you and did I mention that i really want to say THANK YOU

I am setting up a similar store to yours with various sizes of canvas prints and greeting cards and this is the answer to all of my hair pulling over pricing structures.

Plugin Contributions

This may have been said before, but I am a bit brain frazzled right now after finally pinning my problem down to this module.

Where I have the base price set to zero, the updater assumes a base price of the lowest value in the dropdown. With a test value of $10 set to lowest it will start out by suggesting that the price starts at $10, but when the $10 option is selected the displayed price becomes $20, and $10 is added to any other value selected as well.

Is there any way around this????

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but when adding an attribute a "+" or "-" sign will add or subtract from the base price. If you want a seperate price don't put anything in that field and it will see it as a new price by itself. Also, if you want a different attribute selected other than the lowest one I believe you can specify that the attributed is selected. You should also be able to specify the order as well.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Pablo. That sorted it out. Much appreciated. Now to get my head around all the other things I need to set up and figure out. 1 down hundreds to go

Plugin Contributions

I solved the Error on the page. I simply assigned products that are going to use the dynamic price updater a different product type. I used document product and changed the dynamic price updater file. I changed all of the 'productsGeneral' to 'docProductsDisplay' and then put the javascript file in the includes/modules/pages/document_product_info.

Plugin Contributions

Default Dynamic Price Updater

Chrome,
    As I mentioned in the email. The pricing is not showing up. Receiving the following Debug:

Debug messages
    SP Onload: Type: always
    updSP: Duplicating price, by jove!
    Onload quantity: Cart add INPUT discovered (1)

Would really appreciate any help on this. Did I turn something off in ADMIN?

Help !!

http://div8hardware.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=564
    Last edited by pacdad; 23 Dec 2008 at 03:59 AM. Reason: added hyperlink to site

Plugin Contributions

Hi

On that page I can see the price but I can't see the 'Add to Cart' bit... Is that what you mean?

There isn't anything in the Admin section for the Updater... It's entirely self-contained

If you can provide an image of what you expect to see that would be great

I apologise for being a little bit rubbish but the Xmas spirit may have crept up on me

Oh, also massive apologies to everyone for my terrible response times... I've been quite busy

Cheers

Dan
    Last edited by Chrome; 24 Dec 2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Added apology for being rubbish (then had to re-edit due to further rubbishness)

Plugin Contributions

Yes that is correct. there is no pricing on the add to cart. Before it disappeared, the price would change on that page, with the attributes price changes. It doesn't do that now.
    The image is whatever was basic loaded.
    I just don't know if i turned off something that shows it in the admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Hi

On that page I can see the price but I can't see the 'Add to Cart' bit... Is that what you mean?

There isn't anything in the Admin section for the Updater... It's entirely self-contained

If you can provide an image of what you expect to see that would be great

I apologise for being a little bit rubbish but the Xmas spirit may have crept up on me

Oh, also massive apologies to everyone for my terrible response times... I've been quite busy

Cheers

Dan