Page 5 of 167 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

That is more or less the purpose of this product ...

http://chrome.me.uk/shopdev/index.ph...products_id=34

Just something to really boggle the mind and test attributes out ... how hard can they be?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I started searching for a Price Updater for the Attribute values, and lucky me, this was only posted a few days ago! Thanks!!

Have a few questions though...

How do I take off the (1) that shows up when the price is updated? Also, how would I take off the Attribute prices "(+$5)". I really don't see the need for that anymore since I've got this installed now.

Plugin Contributions

Hi!

The (1) that's shown is the quantity... to disable it open up includes/modules/pages/product_info/jscript_updater.php and find the line that says:

var showQuantity = true;

Change the true to false... If you don't want the quantity to show up in the sidebox, adjust the line directly below this:

var showQuantitySB = true;

Again, change the true to false

Don't remove the (+$5) from your attributes... the Updater reads those values and makes its adjustments based on them

HTH

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Perfect. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Please forgive my ignorance, I am a fledgling coder and even that is giving myself too much credit.

With regards to the text attributes, why can't the updater code recognise each character, if priced per character, or sentance if priced that way, and add the per letter or line charge to the price?

Is there a way that an attribute can have a certain visual like no + or - but unseen to the user there is still that + or - attribute for the code to read? Or am I just showing my glaring deficiency of knowledge here?

Thanks for working on this, I am going to try it on my test site, I think it's a brilliant idea!

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Hi and thanks Matt!

The only reason there is no plug in to the text attributes is that I haven't done it yet

It's not actually a difficult thing to do, more time-consuming, but I decided to leave it for now while I have a word with another developer about feeding the vars into the JS from the backend framework (I have some theories here)

There should, in theory, be another release of this soon... If I get bored I may well add the text attribute reader just to see if I can... As long as it's recognised that this mod is pretty much experimental and may not work for some I'll add bits and pieces to it

Feel free to mess about with the code if it's of any worth to you

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Just a reminder on TEXT Attributes ...

TEXT attributes are priced by fixed price, word or letter with free XX words or XX letters not counting spaces or counting spaces ... don't forget the returns should not count when a TEXTAREA ...

Did I leave anything out?

Good news ... there is a ... umm ... unexpected feature ... on TEXTAREA to do with enters and spaces that has been fixed in the upcoming Zen Cart v1.3.8 release ...

Might want to kind of hold off on this aspect for the moment so you aren't re-writting it 27 times ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for reminding me how sneaky those attributes are lol

And I think you mean rewriting *another* 27 times

I'll wait for the upcoming release as it provides an excellent excuse to spend a load of time scratching my head wondering how this is going to work

Plugin Contributions

Ain't I the helpful one?!
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,

Great looking code!
    However, I have a little problem..
    I have a service which prices the product based on a customer selectable number. ( effectively a quantity. )
    I've set up a drop down list with all the modifiers to the price ( Value 0,* 12, offset 0 ) This gives me the list I'm looking for. I've set the product to be priced by attribute, and everything looks great on the product page. However, when I move on to the order page, it has added the original price to the order.
    I checked the javascript, and added some debug code to display the original price beside the new price, and it was zero. So, it seems like the javascript is not finding the original price.

Thats one issue.
    Another issue is that I'm unable to add multiple selections of the same type.
    It looks like I can have one dropdown and one radio, but not two dropdowns.
    I have tested both dropdown lists independently, and both work alone, but not on the same page.

Now, I can achieve the desired effect by manually setting each of the dropdown values, but the idea is to save massive amounts of time by setting a 'hidden' base value, and only change a few entries instead of several hundred.

Could you assist me in figuring out the best method of handling these issues?
    Thanks!
    Chumly

Page 5 of 167 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast