Page 62 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Price Updater

PS Happy Saint David's Day (I just remembered)... D'win twp

Plugin Contributions

don't know if this has been addressed before, but my attributes appear for a split second and and then disappear completely from the page. error logging reports:

[01-Mar-2010 16:36:49] PHP Warning: reset() [<a href='function.reset'>function.reset</a>]: Passed variable is not an array or object in includes/classes/dynamic_price_updater.php on line 194
    [01-Mar-2010 16:36:49] PHP Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in includes/classes/dynamic_price_updater.php on line 195
    [01-Mar-2010 16:36:49] PHP Warning: reset() [<a href='function.reset'>function.reset</a>]: Passed variable is not an array or object in includes/classes/dynamic_price_updater.php on line 194
    [01-Mar-2010 16:36:49] PHP Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in includes/classes/dynamic_price_updater.php on line 195

???

Plugin Contributions

HI Chrome! I tried to install this mod and it gave me an error and the icon would just keep loading when trying to update the price...

I do have the Ajax checkout module installed that was done by Numinix...could that be the cause of it not working?

The site is http://outdoorcookingdepot.com

I have uninstalled this mod for now - I am no ajax guru so have no idea where to look...

Thanks so much!
    Jill || I Love Zen Cart Templates || 2 Dogs Design
    I Love To Help But Let's Keep It Public Please To Help Others!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Hi

I notice there that you're using V1 of the Updater... V2 shouldn't be subject to this type of error (the Updater on your site is getting confused when reading the option values)

Upgrading isn't difficult... Just rename the original updater to have an underscore (or any other filesystem-friendly symbol) in front of its name then upload the new package

There are a few more settings in V2 but if anything goes wrong just let me know here

Incidentally, if anyone out there reckons they could help me out by prepping a readme file it'd be much appreciated

Cheers

Dan
    Hey Dan ~ I haven't had a chance to check back until now, and the update worked perfectly, so thanks for the quick reply.

I had asked months back about the weight portion being added, and I'm happy you got that in place. I'll see what I can do now to integrating the shipping module to offer a dynamic shipping estimate. The idea is if the buyer is signed in, it'll use their shipping zip code, and if not it'll use a zip code of designated by the developer, but includes a disclaimer that the shipping is an estimate and not yet based on the user's zip code.

My schedule is a bit hectic, so I'm not sure when I might get to this, but it's on my list.
    Brian - Connecticut, US --- Using Zen 1.3.9g - Modified Classic Template
    Currently developing: http://www.printdealz.com
    Other Zen Pages: http://www.wholesale4realtors.com 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

I may as well add, I'm not a developer by any means, so if someone else might be more experienced and can integrate the shipping portion faster then me, by all means, take the lead.
    Brian - Connecticut, US --- Using Zen 1.3.9g - Modified Classic Template
    Currently developing: http://www.printdealz.com
    Other Zen Pages: http://www.wholesale4realtors.com 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Hi all

In order of posting:

gsdcypher: Can you send me a link to your site? That line in the class file basically looks through the cart product (as created by the Updater) reading the attributes... Interesting error... I'll hopefully be able to see something from the link

jill: After having a look at your site I notice you have a SEFU mod installed... This is a causing a 404 error to be sent back to the script which means the Updater thinks the class file couldn't be found even though usually there is a valid XML response... 2 options here and the first one is to see if your SEFU mod will allow certain URLs to be excluded... If it does tell it to exclude /dpu_ajax.php

The second option is a little more involved and requires you to edit the Javascript file... To do this open includes/modules/pages/product_info/jscript_ajax_updater.php and make sure you have wordwrap turned off... Next you will have to comment out lines 99, 103, 104 and 105... For example you would alter line 99 to look like this:
    Code:
    // if (_this.XHR.status == 200) {
    The // is the symbol for a comment... Simply add it in front of the aforementioned lines... If that doesn't work please let me know

I'm glad V2 works for you ByOriginalDesign... Unfortunately, my schedule is really hectic too currently so I'm afraid I can't give attention to specific tasks... My next mission is to find out why the Ajax object isn't playing nicely with other mods

If I can get this figured out and have some time I'll have a look at what you need if you still require it

Cheers!

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Hello Chrome,

I like your DPU v2 very much. There's only one topic I can't manage.
    My standard currency is in EURO with 19% value-added tax.
    I need the tax in the shop.
    The problem is the value-added tax, so the gross price.

When i take a net price there is no difference between the
    DPU-shown price and the price in the cart.

But the time i take a gross price, the Price difference
    between the DPU-shown price and the Cart-Price
    is always 2 Percent.

In detail the DPU-shown price is always 2 percent higher...

Have you got any idea which can be the reason.

I would be grateful if you had an idea.

Flo

p.s.:
    tested both with zc 1.37 and 1.38

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I think this issue may have come up once before while I was unwell and had no chance to really act upon it... I honestly have no idea why this should happen

Would you care to PM a link to a failing page to me? I may be able to glean some information

Cheers!

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chrome, Great Mod but unfortunately we can't use it due to a bug in V2.

I believe this issue was mentioned earlier in this thread but I couldn't find a solution... when our products load they load with the discount assigned to them and the lower price included. As soon as we go to attributes it removes the discount and bases all prcies from the full price only. As most of our products are discounted it's proving to be unusable.

Is there any fix for this atall?

Thanks, Dave
    Zen Newbie: www.wickedstyling.com]. Thanks All.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all

Sorry for taking so long to respond but my workload at the minute is very high

Unfortunately I haven't had any chance to work on the Updater at all recently... I acknowledge that there are a couple of issues that need resolving but I have to ask for your patience while I try to find some time to address them... For these issues there is no quick fix I'm afraid (I don't entirely understand them yet myself)

Thank you all for your patience and I'll try to get to the problems as soon as I can

Dan