Plugin Contributions

Default ISBN Contribution

I really like the idea of this mod as I sell books and use bar codes, but I have a store full of items and when I go to edit anything this is what I get:
    1054 Unknown column 'p.products_upc' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_upc, p.products_isbn, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_virtual, p.products_weight, p.products_weight_type, p.products_dim_type, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_quantity_order_min, p.products_quantity_order_units, p.products_priced_by_attribute, p.product_is_free, p.product_is_call, p.products_quantity_mixed, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status, p.products_quantity_order_max, p.products_sort_order, p.products_discount_type, p.products_discount_type_from, p.products_price_sorter, p.master_categories_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '1418' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I tried uninstalling using the provided sql and reverted to backup files, but the message doesn't go away and I still can't edit items in my store which I need to be able to do as soon as possible. I have exhausted all my own ideas and am wondering if anyone can help me decipher what is wrong here and how to a) get rid of the original installation and start fresh so I can resume editing the store items b) tell me if it's possible to 'retrofit' this mod so that it can be used on existing items, or to at least let me access them for editing even if they don't contain the extra fields?

Plugin Contributions

Default ISBN mod

I really like this idea and tried installing the ISBN mod it after backing up database and renaming original files with .bak extension. I realized that I wouldn't be able to edit my original store items (anything that had been added prior to the mod) afters getting the following error:

1054 Unknown column 'p.products_upc' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_upc, p.products_isbn, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_virtual, p.products_weight, p.products_weight_type, p.products_dim_type, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_quantity_order_min, p.products_quantity_order_units, p.products_priced_by_attribute, p.product_is_free, p.product_is_call, p.products_quantity_mixed, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status, p.products_quantity_order_max, p.products_sort_order, p.products_discount_type, p.products_discount_type_from, p.products_price_sorter, p.master_categories_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '1418' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I then restored database and reverted to original files,and I also ran 'uninstall.sql', but I am still getting the error so am really at a loss as to what to do now. Ideally, I would like to resolve the original issue and use the mod so am wondering if you can tell me how I can do that so that I can edit existing items or, in lieu of that, how to get back to square one?
    www.characterdriven.com
    Character Driven Media

www.narnia-productions.com
    Stage, Screen and Event Services and Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ISBN Contribution

I was having the same problem and fixed it by editing the file
    /admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php which was included in the ISBN contribution zip file.

I removed the code on lines 53 and 54:

p.products_weight_type, p.products_dim_type, p.products_length, p.products_width,
    p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship,

These look like they're probably part of some other mod that the contributer had installed that aren't part of the standard code and are not part of the ISBN contribution.

After removing those lines, I was again able to edit products that I'd already added to my database.

Hope that helps.

Plugin Contributions

I did reinstall the mod and it all went well so didn't modify the file, but then when I went to edit the new entry I got this error...frustrating.

1054 Unknown column 'p.products_weight_type' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_upc, p.products_isbn, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_virtual, p.products_weight, p.products_weight_type, p.products_dim_type, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_quantity_order_min, p.products_quantity_order_units, p.products_priced_by_attribute, p.product_is_free, p.product_is_call, p.products_quantity_mixed, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status, p.products_quantity_order_max, p.products_sort_order, p.products_discount_type, p.products_discount_type_from, p.products_price_sorter, p.master_categories_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '10266' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1']
    www.characterdriven.com
    Character Driven Media

Plugin Contributions

Actually, I should have just followed the directions above as removing those two lines of code did the trick...thanks so much!
    www.characterdriven.com
    Character Driven Media