Thread: RSS Scrollers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default RSS Scrollers

Hello

I'm a complete newbie to installings contributions! I've just been trying to upload RSS Scrollers for Zen Cart 1 but in the Read Me First, it states

"Now copy the main page code to the main page through the admin>tools>define page editor>define main page.php of Zen cart. Just paste the code on main page. You can modify the settings of scrollers through the lines 10-23 of main page. Speed can further be changed by editing line 60 and 64. "

I opened the Mainpage.txt and there is no code in there, it's entirely blank. Am I looking in the right place or missed something?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: RSS Scrollers

Did you figure this out? I'm running into the same issue.

Thanks!

Amy

Plugin Contributions

Sorry Amy I haven't.

I've had a couple of issues with contributions I can't seem to get answers for on these forums. I've ended up finding another RSS scroller but it's too large for my side boxes and main page. Oh well back to the drawing board

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Baa View Post
    Sorry Amy I haven't.

I've had a couple of issues with contributions I can't seem to get answers for on these forums. I've ended up finding another RSS scroller but it's too large for my side boxes and main page. Oh well back to the drawing board
    I am new to zen cart too, but I have noticed it is sometimes easier to modify the php files in another text editor outside of zen cart.

If you have custom templates, then the rss install might have added the code to another define_main_page.php file. Check languages/html_includes/default or custom??/file.php

If the rights on the files were not set to writable during the install the code may not have been written to the file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jefbak View Post
    I am new to zen cart too, but I have noticed it is sometimes easier to modify the php files in another text editor outside of zen cart.

If you have custom templates, then the rss install might have added the code to another define_main_page.php file. Check languages/html_includes/default or custom??/file.php

If the rights on the files were not set to writable during the install the code may not have been written to the file.
    Hello Jefbak

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that the file is blank on the download so there is nothing in the file to copy or modify

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Baa View Post
    Hello Jefbak

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that the file is blank on the download so there is nothing in the file to copy or modify
    The file will be blank until you modify it with the define pages editor. Otherwise it will just show you the default text for an undefined page.

For example going to page_3 thats is un-edited in define pages editor. Will give you.

"Page 3 Sample Text ...

This section of text is from the Define Pages Editor located under Tools in the Admin.

To remove this section of the text, delete it from the Define Pages Editor."

Have you considered adding the rss to your footer though? that might make life easier.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply Adam

I clearly don't understand enough about this to do it.

"Now copy the main page code to the main page through the admin>tools>define page editor>define main page.php of Zen cart. Just paste the code on main page. You can modify the settings of scrollers through the lines 10-23 of main page. Speed can further be changed by editing line 60 and 64. "

What code?

I know how to change basic text on the define pages but I can't add something to them that isn't there from the contribution or did you mean something different? Sorry I've had a few web issues lately, starting to become overwrought.

Plugin Contributions

Hey! Open the file with dreamweaver and it shows the text... Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Baa,

The file is mainpage.txt, not Mainpage.txt. It could be that you are using vi and types the wrong name. Unzip the rss....zip file again and verify that you are accessing mainpage.txt.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jmartrican View Post
    Baa,

The file is mainpage.txt, not Mainpage.txt. It could be that you are using vi and types the wrong name. Unzip the rss....zip file again and verify that you are accessing mainpage.txt.
    Thanks for your answer but no it isn't that.

I apologise for my habit of capitalising what I perceive to be a name but that was my mistake in writing on the post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast