Plugin Contributions

Default ABOUT_US page module

Hi all,

I have just installed the 'ABOUT_US page' module and it all works really well.
    Two things though, not crucial as I have found workarounds, but just curious:
    1. The define_about_us.php define page does not appear in the drop-down list of the Define Page Editor.
    2. The Define About Us does not appear in the list in the Define Page Status option in Admin.
    Is this normal behaviour or have I missed something here?

Many thanks to Scott Wilson for a great add-on.

Kind regards
    Pierrick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ABOUT_US page module

Quote Originally Posted by pierrick View Post
    1. The define_about_us.php define page does not appear in the drop-down list of the Define Page Editor.
    The simple fix is to place a copy of define_about_us.php in the html_includes directory *in addition to* your template specific directory. It will show up in the pull-down list. You'll see when selecting that it is actually editing the correct override file.

Quote Originally Posted by pierrick View Post
    2. The Define About Us does not appear in the list in the Define Page Status option in Admin.
    Is this normal behaviour or have I missed something here?
    Yes, this is normal because the settings you refer to are stored in the database admin table. So even though you've added all the physical page files, the database is unaware of the additional page. It's not a requirement to have this data unless you'd like to set page and link options similar to the other define pages via the admin. You also need to ensure that areas like the information sidebox, etc...are set up to look for the respective configuration value.

In such case, using phpmyadmin (or similar) you could add an entry similar to the other define_pages into _configuration table.
    ALWAYS be sure you have a good database backup before proceeding with changes!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ABOUT_US page module

Quote Originally Posted by lib99 View Post
    The simple fix is to place a copy of define_about_us.php in the html_includes directory *in addition to* your template specific directory. It will show up in the pull-down list. You'll see when selecting that it is actually editing the correct override file.
    Of course, makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lib99 View Post
    In such case, using phpmyadmin (or similar) you could add an entry similar to the other define_pages into _configuration table.
    And add an '[FONT=Courier New]if (DEFINE_<blah>_STATUS <= 1) { etc...[/FONT]' structure in the [FONT=Courier New]'/includes/modules/sideboxes/<my template>/information.php[FONT=Verdana]' to give easy admin control over whether to display the page or not.

Thanks very much for the help.
    Pierrick
    [/FONT][/FONT]