Hi ,

I posted this somewhere else, but perhaps I posted it in the wrong place. We are using the paypal module with 3.7. The client has always used Web Site Pro and uses and likes the shipping feature that he can click and send out his labels directly. Needless to say, I'm stuck with having to find a solution to this. My client refuses to change. Our cart, however, is very, very simple - there's not a lot of products -- he's got one CD and the rest of the products are downloads. We need to somehow be able to distinguish CD orders for the shipping. For example, the ID of the customer details is the Zen cart ID and the Quantity always registers as 1 through paypal, even though more than one product had been ordered. It also registers an item number as "1" -- I was wondering if it were possible to translate the item number as the product numbers, or some way to identify the order? Anyway, that I can help my client distinguish the products of the order? I have been reading there are new modules in the works. I'm not sure about Express, etc. I don't use Paypal myself, so I'm not as familiar with all the aspects of Paypal. Perhaps I may need to change something in the set up in PayPal? However, would changing his setup, etc. affect the shipping process that he uses? It seems that paypal integration is very difficult and complex. Any suggestions would be great appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Kinget