Default after upgrade, no images and can't use admin

I just upgraded from 1.3.5 to fully patched 1.3.7. I backed up the database and copied it to a new database, pointed my new shop's config files there, and did upgrade. It gave some warnings but they seemed harmless (no I do not have them but it was of the nature of not being able to modify tables in ways that they were already modified).

I looked at my new shop and it has no images:
    http://www.sobebabies.com/new-shop/

But it's connecting to the new database fine; now I can see all my products.

So I tried to go to my admin but I simply can not get in. Any php file I try to access in my admin directory gives this error:

0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I have been looking at all the threads on this. I have verified that the pathnames and db passwords in my configure.php files are correct and as far as I know, my database is fine. I can browse records of various tables. The admin table looks correct.

I've compared my older versions of configure.php to the new versions and the only differences are the pathnames to my store and the database host/username/pw. Other than that, all the same.

Does one config file get used for the store and the other for the admin? They have the same info. How could my store be getting to my db but the admin can't?

Default Re: after upgrade, no images and can't use admin

Well I copied my images over but I seriously didn't see that in the upgrade instructions. Perhaps I am blind. But I still can't go live since I can not get to my admin. That sucks; it's all totally ready to go as far as I can see but not usable and by the time I get this figured out, I'll have to dump and reload the db again.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like the two configure.php files are not configured the same ...
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/comfigure.php

Or ... you need to reload the files for:
    /admin

as some may be missing or damaged or otherwise bad ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Oh YAY! I AM a dufus! It was the tiniest of typos. The DB and PW fields were swapped. You rock! Woo hoo! Moving on! (but missed stuff and will have to reload that darned db before goin' live - oh well!)

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Glad that you are back on track ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

We just moved to a new hosting provider and are hitting this same problem. I even copied the database section from the /includes/configure.php to the /admin/includes/configure.php and no difference. I'm still hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by sobebabies View Post

But it's connecting to the new database fine; now I can see all my products.

So I tried to go to my admin but I simply can not get in. Any php file I try to access in my admin directory gives this error:

0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
    in:
    [select * from project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I have been looking at all the threads on this. I have verified that the pathnames and db passwords in my configure.php files are correct and as far as I know, my database is fine. I can browse records of various tables. The admin table looks correct.

I've compared my older versions of configure.php to the new versions and the only differences are the pathnames to my store and the database host/username/pw. Other than that, all the same.

Does one config file get used for the store and the other for the admin? They have the same info. How could my store be getting to my db but the admin can't?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dhcernese View Post
    We just moved to a new hosting provider and are hitting this same problem. I even copied the database section from the /includes/configure.php to the /admin/includes/configure.php and no difference. I'm still hunting.
    Well, I thought I did, but I must have not saved it. That was the cause (mismatched passwords).

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update and glad that you are now working again ...
    Linda McGrath