Plugin Contributions

help question Locked out of Admin - Page Not found

I have pretty much completed my website and decided to work on the security issues. I only completed a couple of the recommended steps and realized I was not going to be able to finish this all at once. So I reversed what I had done with the idea that I would return tomorrow and finish the job. Then I tried to get back into the admin page and got the "Page Not found" error.

I was following the recommendations on the "Site Security Recommendations for Zen Cart (tm)

This is what I had done:

Step 1. I had deleted the zc_install folder.
    Step 2. Set the configure.php file to read only.
    Step 3. Rename your "/admin" folder

This is where I got worried. I opened and edited the admin/includes/configure.php file as instructed. The instruction said to find instances of admin and change the name to something else. I did exactly as instructed. Then change the admin folder name to the same name you used to replace the word admin in configure.php.

I decided I wanted to work on this tomorrow and I undid step 3 then I went and reversed step 2.

I was about to call it a night when I decided to enter the admin console to do “one more little thing”. This is when I got the dreaded “page not found”.

Luckily I have a recent backup so I figured I messed on the configure.php file so I overwrote it with the older one. Still cannot get into the admin console.

My admin/index.php file was untouched so I don’t understand why I cannot get in.

Anyone have any suggestions? I don’t think I will be able to sleep tonight after all the work I have done. The website home page is intact. Just can’t get into admin console. I am exasperated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Locked out of Admin - Page Not found

Double check that that admin directory name is spelled correctly and that the config file you used is the one for the admin.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Locked out of Admin - Page Not found

Thank you Kim. I have done as you said. I am even comparing folders and files using dreamweaver. I just do not understand what has gone so terrible wrong.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Locked out of Admin - Page Not found

I have solved my problem. Seems I changed the Permissions of either the admin/includes folder or the admin folder. It seems to all be fixed now after much loss of sleep and lots of worry. I have the manual and I think the area of security is confusing. Well at least I got confused.