Page 4 of 305 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZenCart Virgin Needs Help with NavBar

Quote Originally Posted by pixellent View Post
    I've just begun to dabble in the world of ZenCart and completely fell in LOVE with the Apple Zen template! But now I need help configuring it...
    1. The titles of the buttons on the navigation bar are not displaying correctly. For example, one button is called "HEADER_TITLE_CATEGORIES" rather than simply "Categories"
    2. I'd like to remove two rows that are above the main navbar, one that is displaying my categories, and another that is displaying a menu (EZPages :: Privacy Notice :: Shared :: Zen Cart) which, quite frankly, I don't yet know what to do with.
    I'd appreciate anyone's help in this matter. Thank you for your cooperation.

My site: http://store.culture-art-and-indie-music.net/store

Sincerely,
    Pixellent
    Hi there... the first issue is due to language files not being upload correctly. Make sure includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/apple_zen/headermenu.php is uploaded.

The categories and ez pages bar is turned off via the admin.

To turn off the categories, go to: "Configuration", then "Layout Settings":
    Categories-Tabs Menu ON/OFF

To turn of ezpages, go to: "Configuration", then "EZ Pages Settings" and turn off the header position.

Glad you like the template!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apple Zen Template Support Thread

Thank you very much for all your help!

I have another question now, of course, under my product listings where I now have every-other one with a background. I would like to have a margin or padding at the top of all of them so they are not so close together, and so the fist one is not touching the bar above. Once again, I can't seem to find the right thing to change within the CSS.

Also, can you tell me, possibly, an easier way for me to find out what elements on my webpage are being defined by which items on the CSS? At the moment, I just go through the CSS and look for items that sound like they might be the right thing, make a change, save the change, reload my webpage, and hope for the best! LOL

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZenCart Virgin Needs Help with NavBar

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    Hi there... the first issue is due to language files not being upload correctly. Make sure includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/apple_zen/headermenu.php is uploaded.

The categories and ez pages bar is turned off via the admin.

To turn off the categories, go to: "Configuration", then "Layout Settings":
    Categories-Tabs Menu ON/OFF

To turn of ezpages, go to: "Configuration", then "EZ Pages Settings" and turn off the header position.

Glad you like the template!
    Thank you sooooo much, your directions worked beautifully!
    Pixellent
    http://store.culture-art-and-indie-music.net/store/

Plugin Contributions

Oh, there was something else I wanted to ask.

1. On my product listing pages, when you can click on the "home" within the breadcrumb area, the hover-highlight comes out below the area for some reason.

2. Is there a way I can center my headings within the bars vertically, such as "Product Image, Item Name, Sponsors" etc. ?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

You're telling it to show up when someone has 50 or more ITEMS IN their cart, not the value of the cart. You need to figure out how to tell it to check for cart value. Check the coding of the mod, it should have the correct code somewhere in there?
    Ups.. no wonder that "Checkout" does not appear in the drop down or on the top! The mod is working fine "within the middle" I just need to find the correct coding for the drop down and header for "checkout" so that it will appear there in correct time..
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

You're telling it to show up when someone has 50 or more ITEMS IN their cart, not the value of the cart. You need to figure out how to tell it to check for cart value. Check the coding of the mod, it should have the correct code somewhere in there?
    For those who are also looking for this, I replaced the following:
    <?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() !=0 ) { ?>
    with
    <?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->total > MIN_ORDER_AMOUNT) {?>
    in two files : tpl_drop_menu.php and tpl_header.php
    and all is working well now.
    All I have to do now is figure out how to set a different minimum amount for wholesale..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DeFluxx View Post
    Thank you very much for all your help!

I have another question now, of course, under my product listings where I now have every-other one with a background. I would like to have a margin or padding at the top of all of them so they are not so close together, and so the fist one is not touching the bar above. Once again, I can't seem to find the right thing to change within the CSS.

Also, can you tell me, possibly, an easier way for me to find out what elements on my webpage are being defined by which items on the CSS? At the moment, I just go through the CSS and look for items that sound like they might be the right thing, make a change, save the change, reload my webpage, and hope for the best! LOL
    Hi There.

Try adding padding to .productListing-data.

I love Firefox, and use it when developing websites. There is a CSS viewer extension that is handy, and also the web developer extension. I also love the Aardvark firefox entension, it will show you the name of the css section when you hover over it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DeFluxx View Post
    Oh, there was something else I wanted to ask.

1. On my product listing pages, when you can click on the "home" within the breadcrumb area, the hover-highlight comes out below the area for some reason.

2. Is there a way I can center my headings within the bars vertically, such as "Product Image, Item Name, Sponsors" etc. ?

Thanks.
    #navBreadCrumb a {
    padding:1em;
    }

2. That's also due to the same portion that affected your product description padding:

.centeredContent, TH, #cartEmptyText, #cartBoxGVButton, #cartBoxEmpty, #cartBoxVoucherBalance, #navCatTabsWrapper, #navEZPageNextPrev, #bannerOne, #bannerTwo, #bannerThree, #bannerFour, #bannerFive, #bannerSix, #siteinfoLegal, #siteinfoCredits, #siteinfoStatus, #siteinfoIP, .center, .cartRemoveItemDisplay, .cartQuantityUpdate, .cartQuantity, .cartTotalsDisplay, #cartBoxGVBalance, .leftBoxHeading, .centerBoxHeading,.rightBoxHeading, .productListing-data, .accountQuantityDisplay, .ratingRow, LABEL#textAreaReviews, #productMainImage, #reviewsInfoDefaultProductImage, #productReviewsDefaultProductImage, #reviewWriteMainImage, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .additionalImages, .centerBoxContentsSpecials, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .centerBoxContentsFeatured, .centerBoxContentsNew, .gvBal, .attribImg { text-align:center; margin: 0 0 5px ; padding: 0 0 5px; border-color: #abbbd3; border-style: none none dotted; border-width: 1px; }

I would hesitate to do as you did, and set that style to ALLLL of those tags. You have to top padding there set to "0", and that is why. Try changing it to padding:5px 0 5px. Though I can't actually figure out WHY that makes the change, as the tags don't seem to match up, but it does.

Plugin Contributions

I got the following message when I loaded the template to my site. I'm sure I did something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. Can you help?

Warning: main(includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/rpipher/encoreperformance.biz /Store/includes/templates/Apple_Zen/common/tpl_drop_menu.php on line 41

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php/PEAR:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/rpipher/encoreperformance.biz /Store/includes/templates/Apple_Zen/common/tpl_drop_menu.php on line 41

Last edited by Kim; 5 Feb 2007 at 03:57 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rpipher View Post
    I got the following message when I loaded the template to my site. I'm sure I did something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. Can you help?

Warning: main(includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/rpipher/encoreperformance.biz/ Store/includes/templates/Apple_Zen/common/tpl_drop_menu.php on line 41

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php/PEAR:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/rpipher/encoreperformance.biz /Store/includes/templates/Apple_Zen/common/tpl_drop_menu.php on line 41

All of the files aren't uploaded. Check to see that includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php is uploaded.
    Last edited by Kim; 5 Feb 2007 at 03:56 AM.

Page 4 of 305 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast