Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Changing color of Categories and Sub-Categories

Greetings, I would like to change the color of my MAIN categories, the color of my sub-categories, and the color of my sub-sub-categories...

View the attached image for an example of what I want.
    Thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing color of Categories and Sub-Categories

Top categories can be styled by calling on

a.category-top { color: #001122; }

and subcategories can be styled with

a.category-subs, a.category-products { color: #001122; }.

There is not a facility built in to distinguish sub-subcats, but you could code it in tpl_categories.php.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    Top categories can be styled by calling on

a.category-top { color: #001122; }

and subcategories can be styled with

a.category-subs, a.category-products { color: #001122; }.

There is not a facility built in to distinguish sub-subcats, but you could code it in tpl_categories.php.
    I love you. Thanks for the swift responses!!

Plugin Contributions

I have been fighting this for weeks. I am pretty good at CSS and untangling other people's but I am stumped as to how to change the color of my categories at the top of my website. I have tried everything. Here is the coding from the stylesheet:
    A.category-top, A.category-top:visited {
    color: black;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 15px;
    }

I tried to change it to black. No dice. It is still grey (too light a grey might I add). What am I doing wrong? Should I change the A to a? or what. Gahhh!

Here is my website: http://www.possets.com I am trying to change the categories at the top : Classics, Naturals, Seasonals, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fabienne View Post
    I have been fighting this for weeks. I am pretty good at CSS and untangling other people's but I am stumped as to how to change the color of my categories at the top of my website. I have tried everything. Here is the coding from the stylesheet:
    A.category-top, A.category-top:visited {
    color: black;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 15px;
    }

I tried to change it to black. No dice. It is still grey (too light a grey might I add). What am I doing wrong? Should I change the A to a? or what. Gahhh!

Here is my website: http://www.possets.com I am trying to change the categories at the top : Classics, Naturals, Seasonals, etc.
    In your stylesheet2:

#navCatTabs ul li a {
    color:#9a9a9a; <- this one is controlling the color
    }

HTH,
    Shirley

Plugin Contributions

*deep breath* Ok. I did do that and it changed my page quite a bit. So, I think I should ask the first question, why are there two stylesheets, stylesheet.css and stylesheet2.css? Is it just so your site can come with options, hook up one or the other? My site calls out both sheets, but when I modified stylesheet2 some of the text got much smaller, the background went black (I was trying to change the category text to black). So....

I thought that stylesheet was controlling the categories.

I will admit that I had tried to get rid of stylesheet2 about a month ago and did manage to get off all of the duplicate elements but got scared to eliminate it entirely. Somehow it seems to be overriding stylesheet in some elements. What does stylesheet2 control? I am a bit unfamiliar with the parts of Zen Cart being controlled here and thing it wisest to ask the experts. Thanks.

I am a bit confused here.

Plugin Contributions

I am bumping this because I am still curious about the question of stylesheet vs. stylesheet2. Why are there two, can they be combined? Also, I have not quite gotten to the bottom of my original question and thought I would ask again. Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fabienne View Post
    I am bumping this because I am still curious about the question of stylesheet vs. stylesheet2. Why are there two, can they be combined? Also, I have not quite gotten to the bottom of my original question and thought I would ask again. Thanks for any help you can give on this.
    Having a stylesheet.css and stylesheet2.css is not default zen cart behavior. Someone working with your site put the stylesheet2.css up there. Perhaps stylesheet2.css is just a copy of the original stylesheet? If so, just delete it from the server. anything named stylesheetXXXXX.css that is on the server in the css/ folder will be auto loaded with zen cart. If you have two up there, and they are duplicates, then changes in ONE will not show up, because the original is still there. That may be the source of your frustrations.

Plugin Contributions

Well, the foul fiend who put up the Zen Cart and the extra stylesheet2 was...me! Honest, that's the way it came. They were not exactly the same and that is why I was a bit loathe to just can stylesheet2, scared of what will happen if I did.

Of course, after much dithering, I just went in and renamed the stylesheet2 to see what would happen and be able to quickly put it back in if it all blew up. All my changed appeared and my site looks much much better and more readable. So, I will just leave things that way for a while and see if I need anything from stylesheet2. If not I will can it.

Thanks so much for giving me the push I needed. I was afraid you would say that stylesheet2 contained all the most valuable information of all and etc.

Plugin Contributions

The question remains as to where the stylesheet2 came from. There is no such thing in standard Zen Cart; someone (was it you in early experiments?) added it. Any changes there can just as well be put in stylesheet.css if they are actually needed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast