Plugin Contributions

Default Major issues with Column Layout / Grid Layout for Products Listing

Hi ...

I am having a real problem with this module and would like to de-install it, but don't know how to get it out of the cart program. I need something that displays the products in columns and rows, but this module, displays everything in one column, and overlaps...it's a mess. I got the product display to display 4 columns, but when you go to the categories, it displays all the subcategories on the category main page all in one long column. When I selected in the admin for it to display 4 columns on the subcategories...it divides the categories with spaces and still displays all one long column. This module seems to have major bug issues. I think I want to use the design boxes instead, but I need to get this out of my cart. How do I uninstall this module. Or if you have better ideas, Please advise.

Thanks,
    Kinget

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Major issues with Column Layout / Grid Layout for Products Listing

1. What is your URL where it can be seen in action?
    2. What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    3. What template are you using on your site?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, we'll need to see a link. Its probably a stylesheet issue... usually people remove the float left from here:
    Code:
    #logo, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    	float: left;
    	}
    ...cause they don't want their logo to float left. But then that messes up a few other things. Anyway, that's what the issue has been every time I've seen someone complain of their categories showing in one column with the column layout grid mod. The mod doesn't have any serious bugs, its probably some other issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    Yeah, we'll need to see a link. Its probably a stylesheet issue... usually people remove the float left from here:
    Code:
    #logo, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    	}
    ...cause they don't want their logo to float left. But then that messes up a few other things. Anyway, that's what the issue has been every time I've seen someone complain of their categories showing in one column with the column layout grid mod. The mod doesn't have any serious bugs, its probably some other issue.
    I'll be sure to check that out in the style sheet. Thanks for that. However, I was having overlapping issues with that module before, just using two columns...and it gave me the columns then, but it would over lap the rows...grrrr. The style sheet was a work from another style sheet is adapted from the simple zen, but I think I'm just going to start over with a better layout and look into finding a better template.

The cart version is 1.3.7 prior to June. I would need to PM the URL on this particular store.

Plugin Contributions

FYI - Update, Thank you Jet True...your fix worked -- I made the change in the style sheet as you suggested. It was float center and I changed it to "left."

At least it seems everything is working now. I may start over with a new style sheet as I think you guys are right....it's the style sheet that is the problem, but I think this handles the issue at hand - I just wanted to re-post and let everyone know....Thanks again for your time.
    Kinget

Plugin Contributions

Note: If you do want your logo centered, separate the #logo from the rest of the declaration:
    Code:
    .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    	}

#logo {
    	text-align: center;
    	}
    Use text-align for this - float: center; is an invalid property and will be ignored.