Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express payment processed as Credit Card Payment

Hello:

I have been testing my Paypal Express checkout in Sandbox mode and came across the following behaviour:

1) In Payment Modules, I have cc, cod, freecharge and paypalwpp installed, but only paypalwpp activated.

2) When checking out, if I go through the "traditional" checkout path, then paypalwpp works fine. But if I use the "Checkout with Paypal" button, although I was directed to paypal paid there, when I go to Customers->Orders and look at the order, it is registered as a cc payment. When I check my sandbox accounts, the test buyer didn't get money taken away and the seller didn't receive money.

3) If now I install and enable PayPal IPN, and repeat step 2 and use the "Checkout with Paypal" button again, the order is registered correctly as a paypalwpp transaction.

4) It also works if I uninstall all payment modules except for paypalwpp. Then the order is always registered correctly as a paypalwpp transaction.

Can anyone else reproduce this?

Thanks.

Greg Lui
    Last edited by greglui; 28 Jul 2007 at 06:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express payment processed as Credit Card Payment

What version of Zen Cart have you installed?
    What patches have been installed?
    Did you happen to have debug logging enabled when you were doing these PayPal tests? Can you zip them and post for analysis?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am running a fresh installation of the zen-cart-v1.3.7.1-full-patched-07052007.zip
    with the Canada Post shipping module but no additional patches. I just ran the test again with logging enabled and attached are the logs.

I haven't noticed any errors, except the transaction is strangely registered as a cc transaction at the end as shown in the attached screenshot.

Thanks.
    Last edited by DrByte; 28 Jul 2007 at 09:06 AM. Reason: removed attachment for privacy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmm ... is it possible for you to enumerate exactly what you've done since installation to get to the current configuration?

(We've had a couple reports of this but have never been able to repeat it on demand ... if you've got that situation, we'd like to recreate it for testing and debugging).

Thanks for the log ... will be reviewing it.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Here is pretty much what I did:

1) unzip zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-patched-07052007.zip and ran installation and include the demo products.
    2) delete installation directory and chmod on the configure.phps
    3) Unzipped SQL db backup plugin
    4) Changed the system units to kgs, applied SQL patch and unzipped Canada Post Shipping module
    5) Go to Configuration->Shipping to set postal code etc.
    6) Go to localization->Currencies and updated exchange rates relative to Canadian
    7) Disabled all the default payment modules and installed and setup paypal express
    8) Disabled all the default shipping methods and installed and setup CanadaPost shipping module.
    9) Changed the admin User Name and email, changed the email addresses in email options.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you "remove" the CC module, does the payment go through PP properly?
    If you re-install it but deactivate it, does it bust it immediately?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you "remove" the CC module, does the payment go through PP properly?
    If you re-install it but deactivate it, does it bust it immediately?
    yes and yes.

Could it have anything to do with the CanadaPost module? Since it does overwrite some files.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by greglui View Post
    yes and yes.

Could it have anything to do with the CanadaPost module? Since it does overwrite some files.
    Best way to find out is to uninstall it and see.
    I believe the only files it overwrites are on the admin side, and only related to entering/editing products, not checkout issues.