Plugin Contributions

Default my index.php page is blank?!

Hello everybody!

I am attempting to change my zen-cart home page in order to get rid of the welcome messages and what not. Which I found hundreds of articles on!

After finding how to do it with a tutorial on the forum. I navigate to
    'includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php' and the file is blank?! Any body have any ideas as to where it would otherwise be? I started me own new template as the tutorials said to do and I have even made some additions so far, and you can check it out if you need to. Its linked below. Thanks in advance for any help!
    A work in progress to create a unique and cool template, and maybe be able to help some others in the process :)

http://www.planetattax.com/products

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: my index.php page is blank?!

I am attempting to change my zen-cart home page in order to get rid of the welcome messages and what not.
    Welcome message - admin > config > Layout Settings > Customer Greeting - Show on Index Page > set to on or off
    I navigate to
    'includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php' and the file is blank?!
    If you mean a file size of "0", then this is more like corrupt.
    If you installed this from downloading the disrtibution to your local and expanding it then FTP'ing it to your host - I suggest the you get filezilla FTP client and use it to reload the files as it will report any failed file transfers.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thankx for the response kobra,

I want to do a lot of home page edits, not just that, sorry I should have specified, so I do need to find the home page file to edit!

Its not 0, its about 3 kb, but there is no information in it... i'll look around some more and post back tomm.

Thanks again kobra.
    A work in progress to create a unique and cool template, and maybe be able to help some others in the process :)

Plugin Contributions

This being server side php, there does not exist a home page as you are used to.

This page is assembled from the pieces on the server and this is what is sent to the viewer. the header, the main body and the footer. These are the pieces that you will have to change and most are edited and then saved to your template folder and are copied from the /includes/templates/template_default in the common and the templates folders and most are tpl_?? files
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Oh sweet! Thats the missing key! Thanks a bunch. So if I am getting this right, putting those template files in my own template directory will automatically overide the default template files that my site is using now?

By chance do you know of a thread that goes deeper into this topic of where I can find more files that I can edit and throw in my template folder? Cause I might run into some more stuff in the future, and I'd like to consider this thread ANSWERED. Thanks a million kobra.

Plugin Contributions

Default Nice! All the template files have instructions in them of where to copy them!

Ok, as I open up the tpl template files I find that they give you additional instructions on where to put them, and that they do override other files. I think this put me in the right direction! Amazing job, thanks kobra!