Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Image Uploads ?

I really must disagree. There has to be someone out there that is willing to interface an image uploader with ZC. I for one believe in and own a domain license for Aurigma Image Uploader v4 Dual. This uploading system has an incredible API and very deatiled instructions (for developers that understand that stuff). If anyone wants to take a stab at it look at http://www.aurigma.com/Products/Imag...r/default.aspx

These guys have great forums and help alot. The only drawback is that they are located in Russia and response lags a bit. I own a license for both ActiveX and JAVA. I use this solution because I can configure the client ActiveX or JAVA to resize the image to what I set it for prior to it uploading it. If you want to see an example of it take a look on my photo lab site. Here is the direct link so you don't need to register http://www.newvisioncolorlab.com/xpl...mark/index.php

If someone made this type of integration for ZC it could open a new door for ZC clients.

Let me know. There has to be someone out there that can help with this.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I have installed this option, and the files are uploaded to the images/uploads directory, but how does my client access the fileuploads?
    I can access them easily enough through any FTP program but my client is a technophobe. Is there not a way of accessing or retrieving these files through the admin panel?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

http://emmweb.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Then add the Attribute to the Product using the:
    Option Name: UPLOAD
    Option Value: TEXT [RESERVED FOR TEXT/FILES ATTRIBUTES ONLY]
    The files will appear in the directory: /images/uploads
    I think I have lost the plot somewhere.

Having set this up with a product which carries this attribute I have tried to upload an image file, but get the message "Error: destination does not exist"

Well, images/uploads does exist, so I wonder where the file is being directed.

Can you tell me how I check that?

Plugin Contributions

I done this for the single file upload and it worked on the first try, my chosen image went straigh to the Images/Uploads folder........... then when I ran a 2nd test............... order page said file saved, nothing in the uploads folder. I tried a 3rd and 4th order, and got a friend to try and place an order. All attempts said "File Saved Succesfully" yet still no files in the Uploads folder. Anyone else had this happen?

Plugin Contributions

Dismiss my above comment. I didn't realise there would be a delay of 20 minutes plus from the time the customer uploads & places their order (when it says SAVED to the time the uploaded images appear in my folder. Net must be being very slow this evening.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all this wonderful information!
    I needed to know this stuff...

Much appreciation to you all

Plugin Contributions

This is great, exactly what I was looking for but can anyone tell me is there a maximum file size that can be uploaded or does it just depend on how much webspace is remaining on the server?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by monty425 View Post
    Hi
    I have installed this option, and the files are uploaded to the images/uploads directory, but how does my client access the fileuploads?
    I can access them easily enough through any FTP program but my client is a technophobe. Is there not a way of accessing or retrieving these files through the admin panel?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

http://emmweb.com
    I am looking for the same solution. Is there any way the uploaded file be sent as an attachment along with the order.
    Also the uploaded file should be accessed through admin too.
    If there is a way please let me know

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to limit the file upload to specific file types: jpg, gif, tif, png, etc. I would not want malicious code embedded in a pdf or zip uploaded. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Look at the settings in the Configuration ... Maximum Values ...
    Allowed Filename Extensions for uploading
    List the permissible filetypes (filename extensions) to be allowed when files are uploaded to your site by customers. Separate multiple values with commas(,). Do not include the dot(.).

Suggested setting: "jpg,jpeg,gif,png,eps,cdr,ai,pdf,tif,tiff,bmp,zip"
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast