Plugin Contributions

Default Uninstalling Captcha

Maybe this is a general question, maynot be pertaining to Captcha only. But it pops up to me when I am trying out different versions of Captcha contribution at the download section.

I installed the Captcha Anti-robot Registration Module at my Zen Cart test shop, running on local machine. Then I saw the other one which can install at the contact form also, much more secure seems to me.

I can remove and delete the files related to Captcha... but my question is, how to uninstall the first one before I go and try to install for the new one? Is it necessary to "reverse" the installing step of running the Captcha.sql at the Admin ->Tool->Install SQL Patches" ? Or when I install the new Captcha, the old one will be overwritten that I don't have to worry anything else?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uninstalling Captcha

disable the first one in admin and install the other one. unless you want to go in and edit the dbase
    Grasshopper, GOT BOOK? - I don't, and I am constantly in here begging for help and Donating to Zen Cart in feeble attempts to bribe the developers for help. Get your copy today and avoid my fate!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uninstalling Captcha

Quote Originally Posted by humbll View Post
    disable the first one in admin and install the other one. unless you want to go in and edit the dbase
    how to disable the first one? I don't see anything like that in the Admin screen. sorry... I can only deactivate the captcha function under its tab. but the Captcha validation tab will still be under the Configuration drop down menu. is that right?