Plugin Contributions

Default duplicate orders at authorize.net

Trying to sort out a charge problem with Authorize.net and they say it is a glitch/problem with the shopping program. Here's the rundown....

During the problems I had the first day with Int'l credit cards, some people tried multiple times and were declined. During this time is when the problem occurred.

In my shopping cart orders it shows successful orders.....
    Inv #29 - Customer1
    Inv #30 - Customer2

But my merchant account transaction report shows this.....
    Inv #29 - Customer1 - Declined
    Inv #30 - Customer2 - Settled
    Inv#30 - Customer2 - Settled

So,
    Customer2 was charged twice (for the same amount and notice the invoice number is a duplicate...2 charges for #30) but only one order shows up in the cart.

Customer1 was declined yet I have a successful order in my cart #29 (which shows as declined on Authorize.net)

The Authorize rep said the cart sent Inv#30 out twice (but only showed up on my orders once) and acknowledged #29 as settled (although Authorize declined).

Not sure how to proceed here. I need to refund Customer2 and somehow have Customer1 put in their cc info again? But the order shows in the cart as successfully paid.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zencart glitch?

I should've probably posted this in Customers and Orders ....shouldn't I have?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: duplicate orders at authorize.net

The duplicate invoice number issue is not uncommon if people are re-submitting their information due to an error message. It's all related to simultaneous order activity esp when errors are occurring.

However, the transaction details stored at authorize.net should show you who the "real" customer was for each of those transactions, as well as the brief description of the order contents. Those details should match up with completed orders in your admin area.

A future version will rework the invoice numbering portion to prevent the sending of repeated inv numbers to authorize.net.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: duplicate orders at authorize.net

The problem is the other order has shown as going through but Authorize.net has that same order as declined.

I will somehow need to get credit for this order for Customer#1.
    The duplicate order has been refunded to Customer#2.

We've had a very busy 2 first days now. I know there was simultaneous orders happening as well as people resubmitting over and over due to credit decline.