Plugin Contributions

Default Cant use half the value of a GC

Hello, I have my GC's configured, I can sell them, I can buy them the whole thing works great.

I have Gift Certificates on my zen at $10.00 each. The following example is someone who purchased 7 of them, for a total of a $70.00 credit in their GC account.

The problem is when they use their GC credit to purchase something for lets say $35.00, it will not use half of a GC. It will only use three complete GC's ($30.00) and leave a balance of $5.00 and ask for another payment method.

Isn't there a way to use only a portion of a GC, and leave the remainder in the account?

Thanks very much!

Don

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cant use half the value of a GC

Something about that doesn't make sense. If you purchased 7 -$10 GC and redeem the to your account you would have $70 in your account. When checking out the payment page would display the amount you have on account ($70), and there will be a block to enter the amount to apply..where you would enter the $35.....leaving $35 in your account...Once you redeem GCs to your account they just add to the pile of money, they don't exist as separate GCs anymore.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

I absolutely agree with you! That's why I don't understand it!

This is exactly what happened. I am just setting up and testing now so I am the admin for the site, but I also created a non-admin member, which is also me.

The customer (Me) bought 7 $10.00 gift certificates totalling $70.00. The admin (Me) released the GC's to the customer, and the amount of $70.00 shows up as my gift certificate balance.

The customer then made a purchase of 2 $15.00 items totalling $30.00. When I proceed to checkout the shipping is $5.00, so the total is $35.00. I scroll down to the gift certificate balance and enter the $35.00. Now it SHOULD deduct the $35.00 from the $70.00 right?

It doesn't. That's when it only deducts $30.00 from the GC credit and leaves a balance of $5.00 that I (the customer) owes, and asks me to select a payment option.

Is the fact the the $5.00 is a shipping charge the reason it won't let me use the GC for it maybe? If so, can I change it?

Don

Plugin Contributions

What is your setting in the Admin> Modules> Order Totals> Gift Certificates> Include Shipping in calculation?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, That was it! I changed it to "true" and now it will let the shipping be paid by the Gift Certificate.

Thanks again, you guys are great!!

Don

Plugin Contributions

Gotta' watch out for all of those pesky settings.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.