Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS does not work for me "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable..."

As with other people, I'm receiving the following error message:

"We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use.
    If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance.
    (Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)"

I have, in this exact order, attempted the following to no avail: Uninstall all shipping modules via admin, delete all module php files from \includes\modules\shipping, reinstall and configure a sole USPS module, curse angrily upon yet another failure.

I'm using a fresh install of the latest ZenCart. I have had my USPS profile switched to the production server.

What's the deal?

Thanks,
    Zach Maier

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS does not work for me "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable..

What is the zip code of the customer you are attempting to request a shipping quote for?

What is the zip code entered in Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging->Postal Code ?

What is the weight of the products in the cart ?

What options do you have enabled in your Admin->Modules->Shipping->USPS for shipping methods (all the checkboxes)?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS does not work for me "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable..

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What is the zip code of the customer you are attempting to request a shipping quote for?

What is the zip code entered in Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging->Postal Code ?

What is the weight of the products in the cart ?

What options do you have enabled in your Admin->Modules->Shipping->USPS for shipping methods (all the checkboxes)?

I have tried shipping to zip codes 30012, 30039, 32541, and various others throughout the US.

The zip code listed under Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging is 30012.

The weight of the shipments ranges from about 0.03 pounds to about 5 pounds.

Yes, for testing purposes I have all boxes checked.

What next?

Thanks,
    Zach Maier

Plugin Contributions

For giggles and grins ...

Uninstall the USPS shipping module and reinstall it then configure it for the Production server with your USPS Web Tools User ID again ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    For giggles and grins ...

Uninstall the USPS shipping module and reinstall it then configure it for the Production server with your USPS Web Tools User ID again ...
    I can't believe it- that actually worked! Thank you so much! When my shop finally goes live, the first thing I'm going to do is award you a $50 coupon to apply towards all deadly Phoneutria spiders and Androctonus scorpions!

Seriously, I tried it- mostly for giggles and grins. However I must admit that, partially due to your avatar, I was actually hoping that just maybe you had Cyber Santa Claus-esque powers and, therefore, were capable of fixing such problems through magic or some other form ################tery/amazing feat of luck.

It was worth a shot but, unfortunately, as with the dozen or so attempts before, resulted in nada quotada.

Next?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you edit your USPS module settings in Zen Cart admin, are you able to set the module's "debug" mode to "email"?
    If so, please do that, then test another quote, and then check email in your store's main email address's account. What's the USPS debug data say ?
    If that option isn't available, you are using an old version of Zen Cart and the USPS module is out of date, thus pulling old or invalid data.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When you edit your USPS module settings in Zen Cart admin, are you able to set the module's "debug" mode to "email"?
    If so, please do that, then test another quote, and then check email in your store's main email address's account. What's the USPS debug data say ?
    If that option isn't available, you are using an old version of Zen Cart and the USPS module is out of date, thus pulling old or invalid data.

Guess I should have tried that earlier:

<Error>
    <Number>80040b1a</Number>
    <Description>Authorization failure. You are not authorized to connect to this server.</Description>
    <Source>UspsCom:oAuth</Source>
    </Error>

Now... What do I do about it?

Thanks,
    Zach

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your USPS module settings, which server is it set to use ?

Plugin Contributions

In your USPS module settings, which server is it set to use ?
    I tried both the test and production server with the same results.

Thanks,
    Zach

Plugin Contributions

Call USPS and double check they have you on the production server and check your credentials.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast