Page 1 of 326 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

Coming soon within the next few days... Cherry Zen. I guess I've got a fruit thing goin' on. I fell in lurve with that cherry image (don't they look tasty?), and the rest is history.

You can see it in action here:
    http://www.cherryzen.sagefish.com

I'm in the final steps of preparing this for distribution. If you guys want to look through it in various browsers for bugs I missed, that would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a screen shot:

I'm also offering 7 color options total, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and grey.

Some special features of this template (FROM MY README.TXT):

1. It is a "fluid" width site, meaning that its width changes as your customers' browser width changes. However, the main content portion is prevented from being *SMALLER* than 1000px wide, and is prevented from being *LARGER* than 1300px wide. For a narrower site, this can be adjusted in the stylesheet, and further instructions are included on doing so later in this file in the *TIPS* section.

2. Multiple colors for the top header bar, and for the sidebox headers have been included. These colors are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and grey. These can be changed in includes/templates/cherry_zen/css/stylesheet.css. Instructions for doing so are found there. I've also included matching add to cart buttons. They are found in the includes/templates/cherry_zen/buttons/english/ folder. Simply rename the color you want to use to button_in_cart.gif.

3. Product images on the product information page have a border and drop shadow applied to them. This can be adjusted in the stylesheet, and the section for this is found at the very bottom of stylesheet.css. Some instructions for that section are included within the stylesheet.

4. It includes the "order steps" contribution, which gives a visual indicator for your customers so they understand exactly where they are in the ordering process, and exactly how many steps they have left before the order is complete.

5. It includes a new layout for the product information pages. The width of the image, tell a friend/reviews, and add to cart section is defined by your product image width. Please keep your product image width at 220 or less. If it is made wider than that, the layout will break. The width of the product information image can be adjusted in your admin, under "Configuration", "Images", "Product Info - Image Width". If you prefer the original zen cart layout for the product information page, simply do not upload includes/templates/cherry_zen/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php.

6. It includes the "Column Divider Lite" add on, which creates the dotted lines between products for the "New Products", "Featured Products", and "Specials" sections that can be shown on the home page, after the Product Listings, or after an empty shopping cart, etc. It also creates the dotted lines for the product listings when they are set to show in columns instead of rows. You can change it to columns in your admin, under "Configuration", "Product Listing", "Product Listing - Layout Style". The dotted lines will also show up for additional images, customers also purchased products, and on the cross sell products (if installed). This can be removed by simply deleting stylesheet_dotline.css from your server.

7. It includes transparent drop shadows all around the site. You'll notice that this will be not seen in IE browsers earlier than IE7. This is because IE6 and below do not support .png transparency.

Hope everyone enjoys it. I'll post here when I've uploaded the files.
    Last edited by swguy; 9 Sep 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

Great template Jade, well done!!

Plugin Contributions

It has been uploaded:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=689

Don't forget to read ALL of the README_OR_ELSE.TXT

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

Nice Template! :)

Where can you go to request a template? I mean there are some nice templates, but with so many people owning stores and some being work at home moms, I am sure they would love to have a free template made just for them. It could be a woman shopping or a boutique type of template. I have searched for this and can't find any unless I want to pay $150 and I don't. lol

Anyway, can you give it some thought?

Thanks
    Sandra

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icyorchid View Post

Where can you go to request a template? I mean there are some nice templates, but with so many people owning stores and some being work at home moms, I am sure they would love to have a free template made just for them. It could be a woman shopping or a boutique type of template. I have searched for this and can't find any unless I want to pay $150 and I don't. lol

Thanks
    Sandra
    Why not download free template from downloads section here at zencart,
    and then substitute header image with one that suits your particular store
    i.e. boutique

Plugin Contributions

Thanks
    Sandra
    Do you mean that you're looking for a specific "themed" template, that would work well for work at home moms with a boutique business, or do you mean, you'd like a free template made for each person?

Plugin Contributions

I have download the Cherry Zen Template and uploaded it into my site but it does not show up in the admin/ tool/ template selection thing. I put it in my public_html / sites / includes /.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by daver1510 View Post
    I have download the Cherry Zen Template and uploaded it into my site but it does not show up in the admin/ tool/ template selection thing. I put it in my public_html / sites / includes /.

Thanks
    So, only, now does your folder structure look like this?

includes/templates/cherry_zen/

also, is includes/templates/cherry_zen/template_info.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    Do you mean that you're looking for a specific "themed" template, that would work well for work at home moms with a boutique business, or do you mean, you'd like a free template made for each person?
    Hello,
    I meant one that would work well with work at home moms that have a boutique business. I was just wondering, because I know several that would love to have a zen template like that. I have searched and can't find any like that. All the one's I do find cost TOO much, so I was wondering why no one has come up with such a template for free since there are so many Work At Home Moms now.

Thank You
    Sandra

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I meant one that would work well with work at home moms that have a boutique business. I was just wondering, because I know several that would love to have a zen template like that. I have searched and can't find any like that. All the one's I do find cost TOO much, so I was wondering why no one has come up with such a template for free since there are so many Work At Home Moms now.

Thank You
    Sandra
    I think the hard thing about creating a template that works well with many work at home mom type businesses (boutiques, cloth diapers, toys, soaps etc.) is that in order to have to site stand out in a whimsical kind of way, it almost needs to be made tailored to each product type, know what I mean? Its also easier to create a generic type site that will work with many types of business vs. a specialized one that will only work with a few.

However, that said, next time i create a new template, I'll try to make something more "fun" and WAHM friendly. But that'll be a while... my husband and kids can only stand me spending so much time on the computer...

Page 1 of 326 1231151101 ... LastLast