Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Bask_Black, v1.3.9h make it responsive (adaptive)

I have v1.3.9h using a bask_black template:
    Question is... can I make the cart responsive (some call it adaptive) for a smart phone screen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bask_Black, v1.3.9h make it responsive (adaptive)

Can do so easier when using a modern version of the ZC software...

There is a "plugin" called Responsive DIY Template Default; however, it is designed for ZC 1.5.0 and above. It *****might***** be adaptable (with a lot of work) to ZC 1.3.9h; however, I would think that it would take longer and truly be of less value than trying to get the site to operate on modern software...

Upgrade instructions are available at: https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I upgraded to 139h with out much trouble but when I tried to upgrade to 1.5.something it was a nightmare. didn't work and my original site was damaged and it took a while to get it back right. There were thousands of lines I was supposed to edit and it was just too much. I will check out the latest version but if it is like the last I wouldn't try.

Plugin Contributions

Seems now I can upgrade a copy of my site "off site" as it were and make sure it goes ok before I have to affect my live site in any way. So I will get to work on that right away. That will solve a lot of problems, thanks

Plugin Contributions

Just remember. Backup, backup, backup...

And for some that is that they actually make three different backups just in case something goes weird.

Also, practice the upgrade, that way you can go through the process like it's real but without actually affecting your business.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by slater555 View Post
    I have v1.3.9h using a bask_black template:
    Question is... can I make the cart responsive (some call it adaptive) for a smart phone screen
    Yes, we install new 1.55f carts all the time upgrading all modules and templates to the new responsive standards. The trick is to build the new site, then merge the database in. This ensures there are no conflicts and if there are any stray problems we know if it's code or db related.
    The bonus is having everything up to date moving forward!
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

I may have made a mistake last time when I compared my original files with the files from the upgrade version and like every page showed differences. But is seems I was supposed to compare the original with my current and then make the changes in the upgraded version. Doing that I only have a few changes, manageable. So we will see, I will copy my DB in the morning and go from there. I feel stupid for mis reading the instructions last time. It was a real pain. Thanks guys.

Plugin Contributions

When I first tried to do an upgrade, I almost had to sit down and draw a diagram of what was comparing to what, changes to be applied where, then do whosit to whatsit? :) after reading it perhaps 5 times or more, it dawned on me what it was all about, glad it clicked for you too.

Plugin Contributions

so when I'm comparing files i get a lot of "left side only" or "right side only" (referring to left and right side of winmerge - left being the original version and the right being my current site files) so should I just ignore them?

files like (admin/includes/boxes/catalog_dhtml.php) which is in the 'original' files but not im my 'current' or in '1.5.5' so should I add it to 1.5.5 or ignore it?

although some of the files it says are 'one side only' are actually on both sides??? I am using winmerge. so do I ignore them as it were or add them to the new version?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by slater555 View Post
    so when I'm comparing files i get a lot of "left side only" or "right side only" (referring to left and right side of winmerge - left being the original version and the right being my current site files) so should I just ignore them?

files like (admin/includes/boxes/catalog_dhtml.php) which is in the 'original' files but not im my 'current' or in '1.5.5' so should I add it to 1.5.5 or ignore it?

although some of the files it says are 'one side only' are actually on both sides??? I am using winmerge. so do I ignore them as it were or add them to the new version?
    A lot has changed since 1.3.9
    So some files were removed and others were added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast