Page 178 of 326 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 3251
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

I have looked for "missing Sideboxes" and "no sideboxes" but have not found the answer to my question.

I have installed the latest version of cherry zen on a production site. When I switch the theme to cherry_zen, I see no sideboxes at all. I have tried with other themes and they seem to show up fine. I have made no changes to css yet.

Just wondering if there is something obvious that I could have missed. The sideboxes show up as grey columns with no content.

tia

John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    You're right!

in stylesheet.css, add margin-left:0px; to input.search
    thank you so much, I set it to -1px to be more centered

another question, how can I bold the headings of the sideboxes? like important links, documents, new products, etc?

I looked thru the css and thought I should add codes to "h3.leftBoxHeading, h3.rightBoxHeading " as I changed the font color there also

However, I tried to add 'font-weight:bold" but nothing happened

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Sure, move the chunk starting with <!--bof navigation display--> through <!--eof navigation display--> then paste it after <!--eof branding display-->. If you are displaying the categories under the logo, you can paste it after <!--eof-optional categories tabs navigation display-->
    Perfect, thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by theohiobloke View Post
    I have looked for "missing Sideboxes" and "no sideboxes" but have not found the answer to my question.

I have installed the latest version of cherry zen on a production site. When I switch the theme to cherry_zen, I see no sideboxes at all. I have tried with other themes and they seem to show up fine. I have made no changes to css yet.

Just wondering if there is something obvious that I could have missed. The sideboxes show up as grey columns with no content.

tia

John
    When you switch to a new custom template for the very first time, you have to add them back manually. Then if you switch away from it and back, they will still be there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by musicfreer View Post
    thank you so much, I set it to -1px to be more centered

another question, how can I bold the headings of the sideboxes? like important links, documents, new products, etc?

I looked thru the css and thought I should add codes to "h3.leftBoxHeading, h3.rightBoxHeading " as I changed the font color there also

However, I tried to add 'font-weight:bold" but nothing happened

Thanks!
    Because in one section of the stylesheet, there is a font-weight normal for h3.leftBoxHeading, h2.rightBoxHeading. Find that portion, and change it there.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

Jade,

Thanks so much! I did not know that. It seemed odd but of course those other themes I must have tried at one point and that is why they have sideboxes.

regards

John

Plugin Contributions

Because in one section of the stylesheet, there is a font-weight normal for h3.leftBoxHeading, h2.rightBoxHeading. Find that portion, and change it there.
    cool, it works perfectly now!~

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I have 1 more question about modifying product info page, I would like to include youtube videos for some of my products, I knew I can add the embed codes in the product description. However, this may create problem in the future if I want to change template or watever. I think the best way is to make another box under product description, so that the demo video is standalone. Would you brief me how I can achieve that? For eg, which file I should alter so that I can have a standalone area for video? I also consider how I can input the video thru the admin page

I knew this question is not related to this template, but I would appreciate any help that you may offer.

thanks a lot in advance!

PS: the following is a sample though it is actually built with oscommerce
    http://www.lannathaicrafts.com/teak-...7bcc845623d989

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by musicfreer View Post
    I have 1 more question about modifying product info page, I would like to include youtube videos for some of my products, I knew I can add the embed codes in the product description. However, this may create problem in the future if I want to change template or watever. I think the best way is to make another box under product description, so that the demo video is standalone. Would you brief me how I can achieve that? For eg, which file I should alter so that I can have a standalone area for video? I also consider how I can input the video thru the admin page

I knew this question is not related to this template, but I would appreciate any help that you may offer.

thanks a lot in advance!

PS: the following is a sample though it is actually built with oscommerce
    http://www.lannathaicrafts.com/teak-...7bcc845623d989
    The best way would be to enter the code for each product, in the item description, in the admin. If you're talking about creating a whole new text area box for your admin, that involves creating a new database entry, and a whole lot more work.

Plugin Contributions

The best way would be to enter the code for each product, in the item description, in the admin. If you're talking about creating a whole new text area box for your admin, that involves creating a new database entry, and a whole lot more work.
    yeah, I understand

but if I entered the code in the product description, when I want to change the layout in the future, say, moving the description from the bottom to the right of the main image, there maynot be enough space for the movie and the layout may break

adding an extra box will involve change in database? then it maybe too complicated for me, who never touch php and database b4

Thanks again and do let me know if you have better suggestion