Page 235 of 326 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3251

Default Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by timstoel View Post
    Hi paigesjewelry,

You would probably really benefit from getting the Zen Cart book. It will explain to you in easy to understand terms.

I used the Cherry Zen template and made it into this:
    www.newoldsounds.com

I have been working with the template for about 6 months now and spent a lot of time getting it to look this way. If you want to retain full control over the way stuff looks and behaves, Zen Cart is far superior to GoDaddy, not to mention a lot cheaper. With GoDaddy, a lot of stuff is "locked in" so to speak, whereas Zen Cart has addons that can completely change or add functionality specific to your needs. Plus, the community is very supportive.

A lot of the formatting happens here:
    includes\templates\cherry_zen\common\tpl_header.php

and in:
    includes\templates\cherry_zen\css\stylesheet.css

The learning curve gets compounded when working with a 3rd party template. It is somewhat more challenging to work with a template because there is a little less documentation, but as you see from my site, it is very configurable. If you're the kind of person that wants to really control the look and feel of everything, Zen Cart is great software. I admit it was frustrating to get it looking good. You may consider hiring a Zen Cart expert, there are many companies who specialize in it.

Hope this helps,
    Tim
    Your site looks great. Thank you for the advice and additional motivation! I will stick with it!

Plugin Contributions

Jettrue Hello,

After using the template of apple-zen me decided by the staff of cherry-zen.

Now I have 2 problems I had with the cherry zen template and are as follows:

1 .- I replace logo.gif with which I had already designed, but it appeared a space between the logo.gif and area categories. How do you shrink the space created?
    2 .- I need to expand the width of the columns 200pcx. How do I do?

Thank you and wish you a Happy New Year 2009

Rolando Maldonado
    www.todoenguate.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rmaldonado View Post
    Jettrue Hello,

After using the template of apple-zen me decided by the staff of cherry-zen.

Now I have 2 problems I had with the cherry zen template and are as follows:

1 .- I replace logo.gif with which I had already designed, but it appeared a space between the logo.gif and area categories. How do you shrink the space created?
    2 .- I need to expand the width of the columns 200pcx. How do I do?

Thank you and wish you a Happy New Year 2009

Rolando Maldonado
    www.todoenguate.com
    1. I don't see much of a space. Did you fix this?

2. in the readme.txt file, I give complete instructions on changing the sidebox widths.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paigesjewelry View Post
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! Since I did not want a logo at all, I deleted the logo.gif from /includes/templates/cherryzen/images. This gave me the zencart logo. I then went to /includes/templates/template_default/images and deleted the logo.gif there. I still have "Powered by Zen Cart" sitting on the main page (www.paigesjewelry.com).
    Do I have to have a logo in order for that "Powered by Zen Cart" to go away?

2. Thanks - that worked it is gone now. :)

3. I was able to make the font larger but it does not "look" centered, even though it says it is centered in the stylesheet. Also, can I change the font of the tagline without changing the font anywhere else on the page? I wanted to make the tagline font Monotype Corsiva.

4. entering the additional text.

Thanks again for your help!
    1. If you are sure you will not be using a logo, open up includes/templates/cherry_zen/common/tpl_header.php and remove this:

Code:
    <div id="logo"><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    3. Once you remove the logo, open up includes/templates/cherry_zen/css/stylesheet.css and change

Code:
    #tagline {
    	font-size:1.4em;
    	text-align:right;
    	padding:25px 8px 35px;
    }
    to this:
    Code:
    #tagline {
    	font-size:1.4em;
    	text-align:center;
    	padding:25px 8px 35px;
    font-family:Monotype Corsiva;
    }
    and remove this:
    Code:
    #taglineWrapper {
    	width:75%;
    	float:left;
    }

Plugin Contributions

Hi!
    Thanks for neat cool template!
    My problem is multi-language. My shop should be in 3 langauges: English, Russian and Hebrew.
    While everything is seems alright with English and Russian, my real pain is Hebrew because it "right to left" language. It works well with standard "classic" template, but not with Cherry
    Can I do something? Please, see picture with issue demonstrated here: http://close-to-heart.com/zencart/in.../RTLissues.jpg

I believe some simple magic spell will heal my shop :)

Thanx in advance!
    Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

i was hoping someone could help me out... if you go through the checkout process on my site(you do not have to register to be a member)... when you get to "confirm order" page the sideboxes are all messed up.. i was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this. Thanks alot-
    Ryan- RSK owner

www.rskcoulterproducts.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rc11888 View Post
    i was hoping someone could help me out... if you go through the checkout process on my site(you do not have to register to be a member)... when you get to "confirm order" page the sideboxes are all messed up.. i was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this.
    Can you post a screenshot of the problem so that people here don't have to go through the process.

Plugin Contributions

yes i could post a screenshot of what i am talking about.. how do you do that though?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rc11888 View Post
    yes i could post a screenshot of what i am talking about.. how do you do that though?
    On your keyboard you'll see a button that's called PrtScren or Print Screen. Open your image editing software (Paint will work too but you'll need to create a "New" file that's the same size as your desktop resolution) and then once you have a blank new file created in your image editing software click Edit - > Paste

Then save it....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NFM View Post
    (Paint will work too but you'll need to create a "New" file that's the same size as your desktop resolution)
    For me Paint expands the dimensions of the new file (the one created when I launch Paint) automatically when I past in the screenshot.

Screenshot of RSK Coulter Products Order Confirmation attached.
    My guess is that the template is corrupted. I suggest removing the template file or copying in the original one from the Cherry Zen zip file.
    Attached Images Attached Images