Page 89 of 326 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cherry Zen Template Support Thread

Make sure you upload the image to includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/ folder.
    LJL is right but if you need a repeat you can do this to.

background:url("../images/whatever.jpg");

or

background:url("../images/whatever.jpg") repeat;

if it needs to repeat itself.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Are there specific dimensions that work best, I have tried a couple of images but nothing shows?

Thanks
    Pete
    FORUM:
    # a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
    #An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.
    # a public facility to meet for open discussion

Plugin Contributions

yes they are. Make sure you clean your catch in FF and FF before you view.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=72703&page=48

Plugin Contributions

Hi All,
    I have replaced the old Cherry Zen logo in the header of my site http://www.indigosilvergems.com, the header looks OK in Firefox and IE7, but its looks rubbish in IE6. The right hand side of the site is all messed up.

I have tried all sorts of configurations in the stylesheet.

Anyone know of a Fix I can try??

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jatocar View Post
    Hi All,
    I have replaced the old Cherry Zen logo in the header of my site http://www.indigosilvergems.com, the header looks OK in Firefox and IE7, but its looks rubbish in IE6. The right hand side of the site is all messed up.

I have tried all sorts of configurations in the stylesheet.

Anyone know of a Fix I can try??

Thanks
    Since you're going with a fixed width site, make these changes, and see if that helps.

Change this:

Code:
    #nw {
    	width:900px; /* main site width; if you'd prefer a fixed width site, enter the width in px here. */
    	max-width:900px; /* prevents the main content from getting wider than 1300px in sites other than IE */
    	min-width:800px; /* this prevents the main content from getting smaller than 1000px in browsers OTHER THAN IE. You can make this as small as 800px, BUT any smaller than that, and the top header menu will break into two lines. Also, if you make this width 800px, you will need to make sure your product image on the product info page is no wider than 190px */
    	}

/* IE only. Controls Width of Site and Main Content*/
    * html #nw {
    	width:expression((d=document.compatMode=="CSS1Compat" ? document.documentElement : document.body) && (d.clientWidth > 1300? "1300px" : d.clientWidth > 1048? "80%" : d.clientWidth < 1048? "1000px" : "80%")); /* this prevents the site from getting smaller than 1000px or wider than 1300px in IE */
    	}
    /* end IE only */
    /* end site and main content width section */
    to this:
    Code:
    #nw {
    	width:880px; /* main site width; if you'd prefer a fixed width site, enter the width in px here. */
    	}

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    Since you're going with a fixed width site, make these changes, and see if that helps.

Change this:

Code:
    #nw {
    	width:900px; /* main site width; if you'd prefer a fixed width site, enter the width in px here. */
    	max-width:900px; /* prevents the main content from getting wider than 1300px in sites other than IE */
    	min-width:800px; /* this prevents the main content from getting smaller than 1000px in browsers OTHER THAN IE. You can make this as small as 800px, BUT any smaller than that, and the top header menu will break into two lines. Also, if you make this width 800px, you will need to make sure your product image on the product info page is no wider than 190px */
    	}

/* IE only. Controls Width of Site and Main Content*/
    * html #nw {
    	width:expression((d=document.compatMode=="CSS1Compat" ? document.documentElement : document.body) && (d.clientWidth > 1300? "1300px" : d.clientWidth > 1048? "80%" : d.clientWidth < 1048? "1000px" : "80%")); /* this prevents the site from getting smaller than 1000px or wider than 1300px in IE */
    	}
    /* end IE only */
    to this:
    Code:
    #nw {
    	width:880px; /* main site width; if you'd prefer a fixed width site, enter the width in px here. */
    	}

I have tried the changes as above, did not improve. I made these changes below and IE6 has improve still not right.
    Code:
    * html #nw {
    	width:expression((d=document.compatMode=="CSS1Compat" ? document.documentElement : document.body) && (d.clientWidth > 1300? "900px" : d.clientWidth > 1048? "900px" : d.clientWidth < 1048? "900px" : "900px")); /* this prevents the site from getting smaller than 1000px or wider than 1300px in IE */
    	}
    Still have a problem down the right side the headings of search, information, languages, ect are out of alignment.

Any other suggestions please how I can sort this display problem out in IE6.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jatocar View Post
    I have tried the changes as above, did not improve. I made these changes below and IE6 has improve still not right.
    Code:
    * html #nw {
    	width:expression((d=document.compatMode=="CSS1Compat" ? document.documentElement : document.body) && (d.clientWidth > 1300? "900px" : d.clientWidth > 1048? "900px" : d.clientWidth < 1048? "900px" : "900px")); /* this prevents the site from getting smaller than 1000px or wider than 1300px in IE */
    	}
    Still have a problem down the right side the headings of search, information, languages, ect are out of alignment.

Any other suggestions please how I can sort this display problem out in IE6.

Thanks
    add this to your stylesheet:

Code:
    * html #navColumnTwo {
        margin-right: -170px !important;
        }
    and remove this (the below is only if you're using a flexible width site, you've switched to a fixed width):

Code:
    * html #nw {
    	}

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    add this to your stylesheet:

Code:
    * html #navColumnTwo {
        margin-right: -170px !important;
        }
    and remove this (the below is only if you're using a flexible width site, you've switched to a fixed width):

Code:
    * html #nw {
    	}
    Hi jettrue,
    Thanks, all working OK on IE6

Plugin Contributions

Regarding the background images...I have managed to get various images to show now...However, If you take a look at www.virginmedia.com, the white gaps down either side of the page is where I want the image to appear.

Not one image repeated, like a xmas tree. My intention is to have a single image that fills the whole white space, to theme the site for special days/releases etc.

Thanks for your help so far and I hope what I have written above makes sense.
    Thanks
    Pete
    FORUM:
    # a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
    #An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.
    # a public facility to meet for open discussion

Plugin Contributions

background:url("../images/whatever.jpg");
    When you use the code above the whole back ground behind your site will have the image. You will only be able to see it around your site. The white gaps you are talking about will be filled with that image. I do not know how to just fill the sides of your site with the image like you are talking about. Maybe jettrue can direct you.