Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin-Editable Sidebox - Support Thread

Sara, you cannot use cPanel to upload directories, only files.

You should be using your FTP program to upload as it will upload the directory and all files/sub-directories within the 'includes' directory for this module.

Plugin Contributions

ckosloff, looking at your scroller txt file you linked, I would change this line:

scrollercontent[0]='<a href="index.php?main_page=login">

to

scrollercontent[0]='<a href="/index.php?main_page=login">

It presumes your Zen Cart is in Document Root and adding the forward slash tells Apache where to start looking; preventing any dir. confusion.

Can't help with the other problems as I'm not familiar with the Admin-Editable Sidebox module.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    ckosloff, looking at your scroller txt file you linked, I would change this line:

scrollercontent[0]='<a href="index.php?main_page=login">

to

scrollercontent[0]='<a href="/index.php?main_page=login">

It presumes your Zen Cart is in Document Root and adding the forward slash tells Apache where to start looking; preventing any dir. confusion.

Can't help with the other problems as I'm not familiar with the Admin-Editable Sidebox module.
    Rob,
    Thanks so much for help.
    Do you know where to enter text in blank sidebox, please note that there are two locations?
    Meanwhile will edit script and see if it works in Editable Sidebox.
    Actually that module is easier than blank sidebox.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Like ckosloff, I'm a bit puzzled by your reference to cPanel. I access it via a web browser and can't drag and drop files to it. Are you sure that you were actually successful in uploading the files.
    I downloaded it as a .zip to my desktop, opened and unzipped it. What should I have done after that? Obviously, I flubbed somewhere. Where do I take the... Hold it! Should I be doing this through my sarassoapsnsuch.com secure webdisk that's on my desktop?

Sara, you cannot use cPanel to upload directories, only files.

You should be using your FTP program to upload as it will upload the directory and all files/sub-directories within the 'includes' directory for this module.
    I have no clue at all about using FTP programs. I know just enough to be dangerous and to semi-understand what my programmer friends are talking about when they start "talking shop."

~Sara

Plugin Contributions

@ckosloff

I'm familiar with the Blank Sidebox v1.1 module and it states this:

includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/sideboxes/tpl_blank_sidebox.php

as the file to edit for what is actually displayed on the Web page.

Note: when using JS code you must escape some of the JS characters such as: quotes and semi-colons.

@sarah, if you don't know how to use an FTP program then you are not yet "really dangerous".

For doing things such as uploading modules or customized files you should get familiar with an FTP program. Along with your HTML Editor, it is a very commonly used program for Web customizing.

Plugin Contributions

@ckosloff

Your javascript isn't text, so I would concur that you should put it straight into the template file, taking care, as he says, to escape all special characters.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sara's Soaps View Post
    Should I be doing this through my sarassoapsnsuch.com secure webdisk that's on my desktop?
    I can't talk to the accuracy of the configuration of your webdisk, but in theory, yes you should be able to upload the files that way. Though my personal preference, like that of Website Rob, is a dedicated FTP programs (e.g. the free and excellent FileZilla). They're really not that difficult to configure and use.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I can't talk to the accuracy of the configuration of your webdisk, but in theory, yes you should be able to upload the files that way. Though my personal preference, like that of Website Rob, is a dedicated FTP programs (e.g. the free and excellent FileZilla). They're really not that difficult to configure and use.
    Concur with the gurus, but...I think you should start by purchasing the Zen Cart Manual and setting up a test site.
    You can then back it up and destroy it at your heart's content testing modifications.
    In a test site, you wouldn't even need to FTP, you would just drag-n-drop the contribution, that will help you understand how it works.

sara, if you don't know how to use an FTP program then you are not yet "really dangerous".

For doing things such as uploading modules or customized files you should get familiar with an FTP program. Along with your HTML Editor, it is a very commonly used program for Web customizing.
    So I guess I'm just a little dangerous, huh? ;)

I'm going to try the webdisk thing first. What better way to test a theory, right? I've looked up FileZilla, and honestly, I'm soooo nervous about using it. OK, I know it LOOKS easy (and really, it does), but I'm so scared I'm going to screw something up. Note to self: Back up site first.

Quote Originally Posted by ckosloff View Post
    Concur with the gurus, but...I think you should start by purchasing the Zen Cart Manual and setting up a test site.
    You can then back it up and destroy it at your heart's content testing modifications.
    In a test site, you wouldn't even need to FTP, you would just drag-n-drop the contribution, that will help you understand how it works.
    Thanks. I think it's gonna be a necessity now. I wouldn't even be having to worry about this right now except for this blasted button I need to add. And there's a little bit of a time crunch on it. It needs to be on my site ideally by 1 November. Otherwise, I likely would just leave my site's format stand (except for adding new products) and play with it this winter when things slow down some.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sara's Soaps View Post
    I've looked up FileZilla, and honestly, I'm soooo nervous about using it.
    Nothing to be nervous about.
    Doesn't your webhost provide you with a utility like File Manager?
    It's basically the same thing.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast