Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin-Editable Sidebox - Support Thread

What template are you using? Do you have a link to your site?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Im using the free template from template monster templatemonster.com/free-templates.php
    I have enough knowlegde on how to tweak a css. But im still having a hard time figuring out how to customize the overall look of just this mod. There werent any instructions on how to customize the look that came with the package! I know that might have something to do with the content that various people might want to put into the sidebox. I just want to put hyperlinks to my sub-categories in this sidebox, in a custom way that mimics the original template!
    Last edited by Kim; 14 Feb 2008 at 11:27 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Kuroi,
    I am a newbie to Zen and I love your module. I am using it to create three side modules and it works great!!!

But.....I have a few questions.....

1. when I add an image to the css, my text from the admin does not show. when I have the text and the image together from the admin side, it shows just fine. Why does that happen?

2. when using the admin to add content, how do I add a zen link. For example, I would like to add a link to go the reviews page and a ezpage. Is there a certain code for this?

thanks,

sansam

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gvillepimp2205 View Post
    Im using the free template from template monster templatemonster.com/free-templates.php
    I have enough knowlegde on how to tweak a css. But im still having a hard time figuring out how to customize the overall look of just this mod. There werent any instructions on how to customize the look that came with the package! I know that might have something to do with the content that various people might want to put into the sidebox. I just want to put hyperlinks to my sub-categories in this sidebox, in a custom way that mimics the original template!
    This question would not arise for a default installation of Zen Cart, or indeed any properly structured template, as the new sidebox would simply pick up the styling that you have for all your other sideboxes. However, Template Monster seems to go out of its way not to structure things properly, and it's simply not possible to write instructions for dealing with all the different ways that they manage to mess up otherwise well-formed Zen Carts. (Indeed a search of the forums will show that they often can't even fix the problems themselves.)
    Last edited by Kim; 14 Feb 2008 at 11:27 PM.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by awmg2002 View Post
    1. when I add an image to the css, my text from the admin does not show. when I have the text and the image together from the admin side, it shows just fine. Why does that happen?
    I'm sorry. I don't understand this question.

Quote Originally Posted by awmg2002 View Post
    2. when using the admin to add content, how do I add a zen link. For example, I would like to add a link to go the reviews page and a ezpage. Is there a certain code for this?
    I usually use the built-in Zen Cart functions, but they may not work from the Admin editors. Otherwise I guess you could simply navigate to the page you want and copy the address in your browser's address bar.

Plugin Contributions

Juat wanted to post a whoo hoo for this contrib.. Ever since I first found out about it, I've been looking for an EXCUSE to use it.. and I finally found a site that I could use this with.. It was a BREEZE to setup.. Thanks for a great contrib!

Plugin Contributions

Hiya - Great contribution - works like a charm but I have a question.
    If you go to my site you will see my new box on the right called "News/Updates"
    http://ljgdesign.com
    I have a bit of content in it but you will see the space above and below the text within the box - what file would I edit to make the space smaller?

Thanks so much!!

Plugin Contributions

Please disregard as I found what I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by lj111970 View Post
    Hiya - Great contribution - works like a charm but I have a question.
    If you go to my site you will see my new box on the right called "News/Updates"
    http://ljgdesign.com
    I have a bit of content in it but you will see the space above and below the text within the box - what file would I edit to make the space smaller?

Thanks so much!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lj111970 View Post
    Please disregard as I found what I needed.
    Yes. Wrote this is response to a request in the forum, but never use these admin editors myself, they are prone to producing dodgy results like this. Glad you caught it.

Plugin Contributions

I hand code all my html so I couldn't find the error and thought maybe it was on the php file somewhere. Turns out that it was simply the fact I had encased my content in paragraph code
    <p> </p>
    Thanks again :)

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Yes. Wrote this is response to a request in the forum, but never use these admin editors myself, they are prone to producing dodgy results like this. Glad you caught it.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast