Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Noob question for you. ;)

    Hi all,

    I should know how to do this, but I am lost.

    If you go to www.funtasticaltoys.com/toyshop/index.php

    I am trying to figure out how to change the size of my logo, and the shopping bag icon on the right hand side of the screen. I have looked in the template file, and the .css files, but I am baffled.

    It has to be something really simple. Can anyone please offer suggestions?

    Thanks in advance! Feel free to offer any opinions on the site as well, I am trying to make it look as close the my main web pages as possible.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO USA
    Posts
    7,035
    Plugin Contributions
    31

    Default Re: Noob question for you. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwm931 View Post
    Hi all,

    I should know how to do this, but I am lost.

    If you go to www.funtasticaltoys.com/toyshop/index.php

    I am trying to figure out how to change the size of my logo, and the shopping bag icon on the right hand side of the screen. I have looked in the template file, and the .css files, but I am baffled.

    It has to be something really simple. Can anyone please offer suggestions?

    Thanks in advance! Feel free to offer any opinions on the site as well, I am trying to make it look as close the my main web pages as possible.
    create new images at the size you want??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Noob question for you. ;)

    That is what I thought, but something is cropping them or whatever you want to call it. For example the shopping bag fits in a 27 x 27 pixel area, the one I uploaded is bigger and you can see the result.

    I would expect to find something calling the size, but I have yet to find it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO USA
    Posts
    7,035
    Plugin Contributions
    31

    Default Re: Noob question for you. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwm931 View Post
    That is what I thought, but something is cropping them or whatever you want to call it. For example the shopping bag fits in a 27 x 27 pixel area, the one I uploaded is bigger and you can see the result.

    I would expect to find something calling the size, but I have yet to find it.
    you could try adding "height attributes to the following css declarations in your stylesheet.css as indicated by the highlighted portions

    #logoWrapper{
    margin: auto;
    background: url(../images/header-bg.gif) bottom repeat;
    padding: 0em;
    height: 115px;
    }

    #searchCartBarWrapper{
    margin:auto;
    background: url(../images/topsl-bg2.gif) top repeat;
    padding:1em;
    height: 150px;
    }

    the height and width of your logo image are defined in:
    includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/header.php

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Noob question for you. ;)

    Nope not that easy either, see the results, I will leave that up for 30 mins or so. I tried that yesterday thinking the same thing. I was hoping going to bed would help, but now I have just been doing the same thing today. lol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO USA
    Posts
    7,035
    Plugin Contributions
    31

    Default Re: Noob question for you. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwm931 View Post
    Nope not that easy either, see the results, I will leave that up for 30 mins or so. I tried that yesterday thinking the same thing. I was hoping going to bed would help, but now I have just been doing the same thing today. lol
    Your logo image is 97 x 42 if you want it larger you'll have to create a new one at a larger size.

    The shopping bag image is 64 x 64

    you can try adding a height attribute to this declaration:

    #altLinks{
    float:right;
    color:#FFFFFF;
    font-size:1.1em;
    padding: .3em 3em 0 0;
    height: 27px;
    }

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Noob question for you. ;)

    Thanks thought I tried the logo size last night, it worked. Did not work on the shopping bag, it has to be something so simple that I am overlooking. Thanks again!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Noob question for you. ;)

    ZEN I got it! ;)

    Now I just need to make it look good.

    It was simple:

    #cartContent {
    float:right;
    background: url(../images/header_cart.gif) no-repeat;
    font-size:1.1em;
    padding: .3em 4em .5em 4em;
    height: 64px;
    }

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO USA
    Posts
    7,035
    Plugin Contributions
    31

    Default Re: Noob question for you. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jwm931 View Post
    ZEN I got it! ;)

    Now I just need to make it look good.

    It was simple:

    #cartContent {
    float:right;
    background: url(../images/header_cart.gif) no-repeat;
    font-size:1.1em;
    padding: .3em 4em .5em 4em;
    height: 64px;
    }
    glad you got it working

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Question from noob...
    By macmannorthstar in forum Addon Payment Modules
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21 Sep 2011, 01:10 PM
  2. Noob has a silly question?
    By JosephICan in forum Setting Up Categories, Products, Attributes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 5 Apr 2011, 06:52 AM
  3. Zen Cart noob question
    By wickedpuppy in forum General Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18 May 2010, 04:29 AM
  4. UK delivery noob question...
    By underdone in forum Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1 Nov 2006, 11:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR