Plugin Contributions

Default Stock by Attribute - Out of Stock Error Message

Hello everyone.

I am attempting to use Zen Cart to sells clothing. So I have installed the Stock by Attribute mod. I have created a T-Shirt, with 3 sizes. Small, Medium, and Large. I set a stock level of 5 each. So far so good.

Now, a customer adds 10 Small shirts to the cart. They will get the error message that the item is out of stock and will be back ordered. Is it possible instead to add the 5 in stock shirts to the cart, and let them know that only 5 can be ordered? Or is it possible to tell them that 0 items were added to the cart, but you can add up to 5 if you want?

Also, on the product page under the picture it says "10 Units in Stock" which is equal to the stock of all sizes added together. This is deceptive because for any given size there is not 10 in stock. Can this be changed or disabled?

The resolution to this issue will help me stick with Zen Cart or abandon it for another solution (maybe Virtuemart as it handles stock level for child products out of the box).

Thanks,

Brandon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute - Out of Stock Error Message

I do have "Show stock when low" enabled, which seems to do nothing. I don't see the actual stock showing anywhere on the shopping cart page.

I did just set the "Allow Checkout" to false, which indicates that they should update their amounts, so that is much better.

But I still have all the problems mentioned in the original post. Thanks for your help,

Brandon

Plugin Contributions

No Need to threaten using another cart - This is either for you or not.
    Also, on the product page under the picture it says "10 Units in Stock" which is equal to the stock of all sizes added together. This is deceptive because for any given size there is not 10 in stock. Can this be changed or disabled?
    admin > catalog > product types > select the product type(usually "general") > right box select edit layout > Show Quantity in Stock > set to off

All text can be edited to find use the tools in admin > tools > developers toolkit > bottom left box enter some of the text string that exists (start small) > in the drop select files to search > search > a list of the files that contain this text will be presented and their path > locate the one that is most pertinent (usually a define) and edit the text > save and upload back to your host
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

kobra:

Thanks for your quick response. I have fixed the issue with the Quantity showing, although, are you aware if the quantity for each attribute can be shown some how?

Thank you for showing me the Developer's Toolkit for searching. This will be very helpful. However, I am still not able to show how many of the Item are actually in stock? When I goto "Configuration > Stock" I do have "Show stock when low" set to true. I would really like to show how many items are available when the customer sees the "out of stock" message.

BTW, I wasn't trying to be abrasive about selecting my shopping cart, sorry that I came off that way.

Thanks,

Brandon

Plugin Contributions

are you aware if the quantity for each attribute can be shown some how?
    I am sure that this has been asked before and there is a thread supporting this mod in the contributions area and I suppose that there are many many responses in it but you can use the search tools on the site to narrow this down a bit
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

in case anyone finds this page
    I used the attachment on one of the replies here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=47180&page=5 to show available stock.

On the flowing page there is a section on how to add a "out of stock" message but I did not get to that.