Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping national settings unreliable?

I have several Zen Carts set up and offer free shipping nationally. Sometimes this works and sometimes it seems to give free shipping anywhere in the world? I have the free shipper module on, I have everything I want to be free shipping set in the always free shipping. We tested every site and they were having trouble with the shipping to other countries. Then it just started working. Now after a few weeks it is not working again? Then we tested and on a few it started working again? This is very flaky behavior and must be an error in my setup somewhere. We did find that deleting our cache and cookies got rid of the problem but not on all sites?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping national settings unreliable?

I have not heard anything so I figured maybe you need more info.

in admin->configuration->shipping/packaging I have

Order Free Shipping 0 Weight Status 0

in admin->modules->order total modules

Order Shipping Cost
    This module is installed
    true

Sort Order

Allow Free Shipping
    true

Free Shipping For Orders Over
    $30.00

Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made
    national

in Freeshipper

FREE SHIPPING
    Enable Free Shipping
    True

Free Shipping Cost

Handling Fee

Tax Class
    --none--

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort Order

I have the patch 1.3.7.1 installed
    I have only installed a CC sidebox module.

I have zen cart running on 18 or so carts and some of them seem to work and some don't. When someone comes onto a site and is out of the USA they are still getting free shipping and they are not supposed to. I am using UPS and USPS shipping modules. The setups are

USPS
    United States Postal Service

You will need to have registered a Web Tools account with USPS at their website to use this module.

USPS expects you to use pounds as weight measure for your products.
    Enable USPS Shipping
    True

Enter the USPS Web Tools User ID
    changed for privacy

Which server to use
    production

Handling Fee

Tax Class
    --none--

Tax Basis
    Store

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort Order

All Packages are Machinable
    True

USPS Options
    Display weight, Display transit time

Domestic Shipping Methods
    Express, Priority, First Class, Parcel

International Shipping Methods
    Global Express, Express Mail Int, Priority Mail International, Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Box, First-Class Mail Int

Debug Mode
    Off

UPS
    United Parcel Service
    Enable UPS Shipping
    True

UPS Pickup Method
    CC

UPS Packaging?
    CP

Residential Delivery?
    RES

Handling Fee

Tax Class
    --none--

Tax Basis
    Shipping

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort order of display.

Shipping Methods:
    Nxt AM, Nxt AM Ltr, Nxt, Nxt Ltr, Nxt PR, Nxt Save, Nxt Save Ltr, 2nd AM, 2nd AM Ltr, 2nd, 2nd Ltr, 3 Day Select, Ground, Canada,World Xp, World Xp Ltr, World Xp Plus, World Xp Plus Ltr, World Expedite

1DM, 1DML, 1DA, 1DAL, 1DAPI, 1DP, 1DPL, 2DM, 2DML, 2DA, 2DAL, 3DS, GND, STD, XPR, XPRL, XDM, XDML, XPD

I am at wits end with this problem? I hope someone can help me out!

Plugin Contributions

The setting on the Order Total Module for Shipping ot_shipping will appear as Free shipping for any order where the address matches the store's country and the order is over $30.00 ...

The Free Shipping freeshipper shipping module will show exclusively for any order that contains only Products marked Always Free Shipping ...

NOTE: you have turned off that 0 weight means Free Shipping so this will not trigger the Free Shipping freeshipper

When Free Shipping freeshipper does show, based on an order containing only Always Free Shipping Products ... NONE of the other shipping modules will show ...

If you have a mixed order of Always Free Shipping Products and Products NOT marked as Always Free Shipping then the Free Shipping freeshipper will NOT show ... and the other shipping modules WILL show ...

The exception will be when the Order total is >= 30.00 and the address matches the same country as the store ...

USPS and UPS do have a few quirks in how countries are identified ...

USPS follows the rules of the US Government in recognizing US states, territories, islands, armed services, etc.

UPS recognizes countries based on the country ...

For Example: Guam

UPS says Guam is the Country ...

USPS says United States is the Country and the State is Guam ...

This means, depending on how the customer sets up their address, UPS or USPS will not show a quote ... depending on which Country the customer setup their address as ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have it set up to be orders over $30 from USA only. The problem is that when I do a test order from Canada it gives free shipping? We had an order from Singapore yesterday that did the same thing? I am looking at my sites for one that works correctly and it is set up exactly the same as the site that doesn't work. We have also had this same working site stop working and we had to delete our cache and cookies and it worked again? We can't expect customers to clear there cache to make an order and it needs to work correctly as you can imagine. We do have a fairly complex system in that we use the same database data for all sites as far as I will do an install then import a saved database, go and make all necessary changes to make it work with the new site. Then I will also save out new versions of just product data with a mysqldump then use mysql to bring it to the other sites. When I do this operation all sites get the upgrade and many of them work just fine?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The setting on the Order Total Module for Shipping ot_shipping will appear as Free shipping for any order where the address matches the store's country and the order is over $30.00 ...

The Free Shipping freeshipper shipping module will show exclusively for any order that contains only Products marked Always Free Shipping ...

NOTE: you have turned off that 0 weight means Free Shipping so this will not trigger the Free Shipping freeshipper

When Free Shipping freeshipper does show, based on an order containing only Always Free Shipping Products ... NONE of the other shipping modules will show ...

If you have a mixed order of Always Free Shipping Products and Products NOT marked as Always Free Shipping then the Free Shipping freeshipper will NOT show ... and the other shipping modules WILL show ...

The exception will be when the Order total is >= 30.00 and the address matches the same country as the store ...

USPS and UPS do have a few quirks in how countries are identified ...

USPS follows the rules of the US Government in recognizing US states, territories, islands, armed services, etc.

UPS recognizes countries based on the country ...

For Example: Guam

UPS says Guam is the Country ...

USPS says United States is the Country and the State is Guam ...

This means, depending on how the customer sets up their address, UPS or USPS will not show a quote ... depending on which Country the customer setup their address as ...

Plugin Contributions

Okay Linda you have made this problem predictable for the first time. This works exactly has you said it would. Even the sites that we thought were working are not working correctly. If we log in as a user with a foreign address and put only free shipping items in the cart it gives free shipping to the other country. If we add a single item to this same order that is less than $30 it then show shipping modules and charges shipping.

What in our setup is allowing free shipping for foreign order?
    We have set the freeshipper to national. Our store is in the USA and it is set that way. Is there some out of the way place this could get set out of wack? What do we have to do to change this behavior. I have changed and tested every combination I can think of.

Plugin Contributions

There is no National setting in the Shipping Module Free Shipping freeshipper ...

Are you referring to the Order Total module Shipping ot_shipping or to the Shipping Module Free Shipping freeshipper ...

NOTE: Free Shipping freeshipper does not play well with Zones ... this is built in there for extended features for developers more than anything else ... and this is designed to show ONLY if your cart is ALL Always Free Shipping or ALL 0 weight products providing you have configured the 0 weight to mean Free Shipping in the Shipping/Packaging ...

NOTE: Free Shipping Options freeoptions is designed to work with ALL other shipping modules at the same time so make sure you are not mixing them up ...

Make sure you do NOT have installed shipping modules that you are NOT using ... this rules out problems ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

The only 3 shipping modules I have installed are USPS, UPS and FREE SHIPPING freeshipper. Can you just point me in the right direction as far as getting the shipping to work for foreign orders. Do I need to do zones? I have over 600 products should I shut off the always free shipping on them and go it through zones?

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Always Free Shipping YES means ... EVERYONE gets Free Shipping on this Product ...

If you do NOT want EVERYONE to get Free Shipping on ALL products marked as:
    Always Free Shipping YES

Then you need a different method to control the Free Shipping ...

Are you trying to charge shipping to SOME people for products marked:
    Always Free Shipping YES
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Linda,

OK here is my solution.

Thank god for SQL I set all the the product_is_always_free_shipping to 0 then propagated this to all 24 of my databases.

This is all that seems to be necessary to fix my entire problem. We are testing now. Thank you so much for leading me to this solution.

Mike