Plugin Contributions

Default Adding page to Define Page Editor

Hi, I would like to edit my FAQ page (gv_faq.php), but unfortunately it is not in my define page editor's list. Can someone please teach me how to add my FAQ page to zencart's define page editor please? Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding page to Define Page Editor

You can't add this page to the define pages editor as it's a language file using PHP define statements rather than an html_includes file.

You could re-program your tpl_gv_faq_default.php template to use a new html_includes file that you would have to create, but it would be much easier to simply to edit the define statements in the gv_faq.php file.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kuroi, thank you for your reply. Can you guide me step-by-step as to how to achieve this? I am using Template Monster unfortunately, so I am not sure if this has any effect on the normal zencart editting procedures. Hope to hear from you soon.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kuroi, I just tried to edit the gv_faq.php file, basically changing all the informations, but nothing seems to change when i refresh my website. I have tried deleting half the codes (just to test) but the FAQ is still displaying like before. The only time something did change is when I try to delete the whole gv_faq.php file and the FAQ page in my website went blank. Can you tell me ihow do i edit? Or does it have something to do with my TM template? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Frequently Asked Questions');
    define('HEADING_TITLE','Frequently Asked Questions');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<a name="Top"></a>
    <a href="'.zen_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ,'faq_item=1','NONSSL').'">Purchasing ' . TEXT_GV_NAMES . '</a><br />
    <a href="'.zen_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ,'faq_item=2','NONSSL').'">How to send ' . TEXT_GV_NAMES . '</a><br />
    <a href="'.zen_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ,'faq_item=3','NONSSL').'">Buying with ' . TEXT_GV_NAMES . '</a><br />
    <a href="'.zen_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ,'faq_item=4','NONSSL').'">Redeeming ' . TEXT_GV_NAMES . '</a><br />
    <a href="'.zen_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ,'faq_item=5','NONSSL').'">When problems occur</a><br />
    ');
    switch ($_GET['faq_item']) {
    case '1':
    define('SUB_HEADING_TITLE','Purchasing ' . TEXT_GV_NAMES);
    define('SUB_HEADING_TEXT', TEXT_GV_NAMES . ' are purchased just like any other item in our store. You can
    pay for them using the stores standard payment method(s).
    Once purchased the value of the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' will be added to your own personal
    ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account. If you have funds in your ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account, you will
    notice that the amount now shows in the Shopping Cart box, and also provides a
    link to a page where you can send the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' to some one via email.');
    break;
    case '2':
    define('SUB_HEADING_TITLE','How to Send ' . TEXT_GV_NAMES);
    define('SUB_HEADING_TEXT','To send a ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' you need to go to our Send ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Page. You can
    find the link to this page in the Shopping Cart Box in the right hand column of each page.
    When you send a ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ', you need to specify the following.
    The name of the person you are sending the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' to.
    The email address of the person you are sending the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' to.
    The amount you want to send. (Note you don\'t have to send the full amount that
    is in your ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account.)
    A short message which will appear in the email.
    Please ensure that you have entered all of the information correctly, although
    you will be given the opportunity to change this as much as you want before
    the email is actually sent.');
    break;
    case '3':
    define('SUB_HEADING_TITLE','Buying with ' . TEXT_GV_NAMES);
    define('SUB_HEADING_TEXT','If you have funds in your ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account, you can use those funds to
    purchase other items in our store. At the checkout stage, an extra box will
    appear. Enter the amount to apply from the funds in your ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account.
    Please note, you will still have to select another payment method if there
    is not enough in your ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account to cover the cost of your purchase.
    If you have more funds in your ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account than the total cost of
    your purchase the balance will be left in your ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account for the
    future.');
    break;
    case '4':
    define('SUB_HEADING_TITLE','Redeeming ' . TEXT_GV_NAMES);
    define('SUB_HEADING_TEXT','If you receive a ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' by email it will contain details of who sent
    you the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ', along with possibly a short message from them. The email
    will also contain the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' ' . TEXT_GV_REDEEM . '. It is probably a good idea to print
    out this email for future reference. You can now redeem the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' in
    two ways.<br /><br />
    1. By clicking on the link contained within the email for this express purpose.
    This will take you to the store\'s Redeem ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' page. You will then be requested
    to create an account, before the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' is validated and placed in your
    ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account ready for you to spend it on whatever you want.<br /><br />
    2. During the checkout process, on the same page that you select a payment method
    there will be a box to enter a ' . TEXT_GV_REDEEM . '. Enter the ' . TEXT_GV_REDEEM . ' here, and
    click the Redeem button. The code will be
    validated and the amount added to your ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' Account. You can then use the amount to purchase any item from our store');
    break;
    case '5':
    define('SUB_HEADING_TITLE','When problems occur.');
    define('SUB_HEADING_TEXT','For any queries regarding the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' System, please contact the store
    by email at '. STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '. Please make sure you give
    as much information as possible in the email. ');
    break;
    default:
    define('SUB_HEADING_TITLE','');
    define('SUB_HEADING_TEXT','Please choose from one of the questions above.');

}

define('TEXT_GV_REDEEM_INFO', 'Please enter your ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' redemption code: ');
    define('TEXT_GV_REDEEM_ID', 'Redemption Code:');
    ?>

##################################################################################################################################

All I have to do is to replace those wordings as I see in my website right? and leave the codes alone? I changed and changed, but nothing happens. I dont know why. Only when I delete the .php file can I see the FAQ page went blank in my website

Plugin Contributions

It sounds as through there is an over-ride file somewhere in your template for this language file, but that you are editing the original file, which then gets over-ridden.

However, when you remove the original file, Zen Cart doesn't know to look for the over-ride file, which is why the page is blank.

So it's the over-ride file that needs to be edited, but as Template Monster don't always put files where they are normally in Zen Cart, especially language files, I wouldn't have much confidence in saying where this might be.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)