Plugin Contributions

Default Removing Large Image link with Swap Image on Mouse mod

How's it going? In my never ending quest to understand and customize Zen Cart I've stumbled across another block in the road regarding the swap image on mouse over mod.. I've read some threads and am completely comfortable using the mod to use my image swaps... Having it use the same size image for the roll over image and the smaller thumbnail hasn't proven to be too much of a problem to me in either look or functionality...

Where I am having the problem is removing the "Larger Image" link (text and or the actual pop up) from the additional images below my main product picture... It comes with a heavily modded additional_images.php in the includes/modules directory and for the life of me I can't figure out how to remove the links.. No amount of searching or trial and error has given me the right solution. If anyone has done this before or has any idea what i can do to make this work please let me know... I simply do not need or want the text to appear or the pop up to the exact same size image it's currently displaying on roll over.. Any advice would be great! Thanks for your time..

Jonathan

Default Re: Removing Large Image link with Swap Image on Mouse mod

$script_link = '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><!--' . "\n" . 'document.write(\'' . ($flag_display_large ? '<a href="javascriptopupWindow(\\\'' . $large_link . '\\\')">' . $thumb_slashes . '<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>' : $thumb_slashes) . '\');' . "\n" . '//--></script>';

$noscript_link = '<noscript>' . ($flag_display_large ? '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE_ADDITIONAL, 'pID=' . $_GET['products_id'] . '&pic=' . $i . '&products_image_large_additional=' . $products_image_large) . '" target="_blank">' . $thumb_regular . '<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>' : $thumb_regular ) . '</noscript>';

find in this additional_images.php this line and delete ' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wojtekstaszewski View Post
    $script_link = '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><!--' . "\n" . 'document.write(\'' . ($flag_display_large ? '<a href="javascriptopupWindow(\\\'' . $large_link . '\\\')">' . $thumb_slashes . '<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>' : $thumb_slashes) . '\');' . "\n" . '//--></script>';

$noscript_link = '<noscript>' . ($flag_display_large ? '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE_ADDITIONAL, 'pID=' . $_GET['products_id'] . '&pic=' . $i . '&products_image_large_additional=' . $products_image_large) . '" target="_blank">' . $thumb_regular . '<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>' : $thumb_regular ) . '</noscript>';

find in this additional_images.php this line and delete ' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '
    unfortunately the swap over mouse mod heavily modifies the additional_images.php.. the link preparation portion of the code you quoted looks like this instead..

$script_link = '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"><!--' . "\n" . 'document.write(\'' . $ahref_start . $script_href . $onClick . $onMouseOver . $ahref_end . $img_thumb . $enlarge_text . $ahref_close . '\');' . "\n" . '//--></' . 'script>';

if (zen_not_null($noscript_href)) {
    $ahref_start = '<a href="';
    $ahref_end = '" target="_blank">';
    $ahref_close = '</a>';
    } else {
    $ahref_start = '';
    $ahref_end = '';
    $ahref_close = '';
    }
    $noscript_link = '<noscript>' . $ahref_start . $noscript_href . $ahref_end . $img_thumb . $enlarge_text . $ahref_close . '</noscript>';

and that is why none of the solutions i can find online seem to work for this particular mod...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Just find the line that sets what the $enlarge_text variable contains, and change it however you desire.

Default:
    Code:
    $enlarge_text='<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE;
    If you want to remove *all* of what it's set to, just set it to ''; (two single quotes, and keep the closing ; )

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Just find the line that sets what the $enlarge_text variable contains, and change it however you desire.

Default:
    Code:
    $enlarge_text='<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE;
    If you want to remove *all* of what it's set to, just set it to ''; (two single quotes, and keep the closing ; )

Absolute life saver! Figures the creator of the mod would know the ins and outs better than anyone else.. Thanks so much for the reply and the help! I'm sure it's been said before, but help and contributions like yours are definitely appreciated! Your mouse over mod is exactly the look and functionality I hand coded into my paypal based ecommerce websites before trying to make this switch to the fully functioning Zen cart and I am so glad through your mod I have found a way to maintain it.. Thanks again for both the mod and the help!

Jonathan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad your shop is working the way you want !

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad your shop is working the way you want !
    No worries about the kind words.. They are definitely well deserved... As far as my store goes I won't jump too far ahead of the gun and say it's working exactly the way I want, but I am working on beating it into submission haha...

Product display is my last obstacle to tackle as far as design goes so at least that's progress...

Jonathan