Plugin Contributions

Default Downloable Mp3 at Checkout Success Page

I am new to this and I have looked throughout these posts and I am just not finding what I am looking for, so here goes.

I am setting up this new store which will sell a large quantity of large mp3 files. I would rather NOT have to put them in .zip files as I presently do that on another site and clients complain all the time that the files are not immediately ready to go into their ipod.

So that leaves me with TWO options which I have as of yet to figure out how to do.

#1 ... my FAVORITE option would be that when they hit the download button it would somehow actually download the file rather than open up their mp3 player and play it. Is there any way to do this? I have tried fooling around with the .htaccess file but it doesn't seem to respond, either because I dont have the right command or the file is not in the right place or this is really just a bogus fix for that problem that I read about online.

#2 ... my less favorable option, but still a viable solution is to let customers know on that page in BIG BOLD LETTERS that they must "right click" and "save target as" in order to download this file. Can someone help me to understand how to edit that checkout success page so that I can add that information to it?

Thank you so much in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Victoria Wizell

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloable Mp3 at Checkout Success Page

I don't believe #1 is possible since it depends on whether the customer has a default app for playing mp3s.

#2 - change or add your text to one of the defines in includes\languages\english\checkout_success.php

Plugin Contributions

I found this chunk in my includes/language/english.php page, (there's nothing of this sort at the actual "checkout success pages"

// downloads module defines
    define('TABLE_HEADING_DOWNLOAD_DATE', 'Link Expires');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_DOWNLOAD_COUNT', 'Remaining');
    define('HEADING_DOWNLOAD', 'To download your files click the download button and choose "Save to Disk" from the popup menu.');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_DOWNLOAD_FILENAME','Filename');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCT_NAME','Item Name');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_BYTE_SIZE','File Size');
    define('TEXT_DOWNLOADS_UNLIMITED', 'Unlimited');
    define('TEXT_DOWNLOADS_UNLIMITED_COUNT', '--- *** ---');

I want the define "HEADING_DOWNLOAD" to say something like. 'To download your files RIGHT CLICK the download button and select "Save TARGET As" from the DROPDOWN menu.

Is it ok to change and upload this? You see, I've done plenty with html in my life, but NEVER worked with php pages ... so, this is just a bit intimidating for me at the moment and I want to make sure I do it correctly ...

#1 is it ok for me to edit this page?

#2 Does it work to put any html tags in these lines to say make bold or change colors? Or no?

Thanks again,

Victoria

Plugin Contributions

1. Yes
    2. Yes, bold tags work. If you use a font tag, you may need to escape quotes in that tag. Either \" or /"

Plugin Contributions

Yeah! It all worked! I'm thrilled!

Plugin Contributions

You should be saving your customized english.php file in the appropriate override folder matching the name of the template you're building.

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=36
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=230
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=143

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Chuck ... I will learn about the custom templates. In the meantime...

I've set up an mp3 product that has FOUR mp3 download files AND ONE Big Zipped Folder in case they want to download the whole thing ...

I've got that set up great.

NOW I wonder if there any way I can get rid of the "Please Choose" and all the radio button options from the product page as it obviously comes complete with all of these "choices" and I am afraid it might seem confusing, even though all the radio buttons are already selected.

Part TWO to my curiosity is that once I have determined that, (whether or not that is even possible) can I go ahead and offer the basic choice of CD or MP3 and when MP3 is selected, they receive the five aformentioned files as stated above?

Thanks in advance.

Victoria