Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Price as attribute

I know this has been discussed and I've read thru them all. I have a client who is selling custom gift baskets, where the buyer can choose the value of the basket. I have set up a drop down attribute:

Custom Made Gift Baskets
    Starting at: $25.00
    Please Choose:
    Value
    50.00 (+$25.00)
    75.00 (+$50.00)
    100.00 (+$75.00)
    125.00 (+$100.00)

But they want the value in ( ) to not show as it will confuse their customers. Is this an option?

Thank you.
    Last edited by tdslori; 21 Aug 2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Price as attribute

Set the Product as:
    Product Price: 0.00
    Priced by Attribute YES

Set your Attributes to their actual value without the prefix ...

Now it will pick up the lowest option value of the option name groups and build the display price from that ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh, do you mean like this:

I must be missing something as ther is still a value int he parenthesis:

25.00 (+25.00)

but at least they match now, is that all we can do or can it just show the price with no parenthesis?

TY

Plugin Contributions

by removing the option value it now show just
    (+25.00)
    (+50.00)
    etc

is this what you meant? :0)

Plugin Contributions

You can set the Product Price to 0.00

Set the Product as Priced by Attribute YES

Do NOT enter the + on the Price Prefix ... leave it blank ...

Enter the Attribute Price ...

If you don't like the parens you will need to customize the attributes.php module and not show those ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Gotcha! Thanks so much.....sometimes you gotta wack me on the head before it sinks in :-)

Plugin Contributions

I have found a work around solution to achieve the results that were desired here.

You need 3 pieces of information to set a variable that will show the actual price in the dropdown menu.

I am working with these variables:

Base price of item (as set in proctuct price page): $7.20
    dropdown items set a 10pc order at the base price of 7.20, while selecting a 20pc order at $13.00

The formula works as follows:

Desired total (ie $13) + Additional price to reach that price (ie. 5.80 [[ 7.2+5.8=13]]) / base price (7.2) = offset price

Using that formula : (13+5.8)/7.2=2.6111

so, our item has a base price of $7.20, in attributes we set the 20pc dropdown price as 5.8 (do not set the +), price factor:0 price offset:2.611

now our dropdown =:

SELECT
    10pc
    20pc ($13.00)

in your cart a 10pc order will be set to $7.20, whereas a 20pc order will be set to $13.00. It does not add the 13 to the base 7.2

Hope it was not too confusing!

Plugin Contributions

I think I found a problem?

I have products, set up with price by attributes.

Conducting some tests I found if no attribute is selected at the time of adding the product to cart, the item is added to cart with a price of $0. This shouldn't happen right?

I checked on both my stores and this issue is happening on both. Both stores have the latest version of zencart even with the default template. This might seem not a big deal, but I think it is.

Has anyone reported this before? any solution to this issue? I tried looking for the solution on the forum with no luck.

Thanks!
    M.Valenti
    Contemporary Artist - Entrepreneur
    http://www.manuelavalenti.com - http://www.byvalenti.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mvstudio View Post
    I think I found a problem?

I have products, set up with price by attributes.

Conducting some tests I found if no attribute is selected at the time of adding the product to cart, the item is added to cart with a price of $0. This shouldn't happen right?

I checked on both my stores and this issue is happening on both. Both stores have the latest version of zencart even with the default template. This might seem not a big deal, but I think it is.

Has anyone reported this before? any solution to this issue? I tried looking for the solution on the forum with no luck.

Thanks!
    You need to create option VALUES for each option name - call them "Please select XXXX" (where XXXX is whatever you want them to select.)

Then, add these option VALUES to the list of existing values for a given product, but make it DISPLAY ONLY and set it as the DEFAULT VALUE.

If customers fail to make a choice of any other value, they will get an ALERT message, and will be prevented from adding the product to the cart until they make an appropriate selection.

See such a set-up in operation HERE
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    You need to create option VALUES for each option name - call them "Please select XXXX" (where XXXX is whatever you want them to select.)

Then, add these option VALUES to the list of existing values for a given product, but make it DISPLAY ONLY and set it as the DEFAULT VALUE.

If customers fail to make a choice of any other value, they will get an ALERT message, and will be prevented from adding the product to the cart until they make an appropriate selection.

See such a set-up in operation HERE
    Thanks for your reply. I've tried to open your website like 5 times already, but is painfully slow on both firefox and IE, every time your server crashed, just thought you would want to know.

Anyhow, the solution you are given me if I'm not wrong is not for Product Priced by Attribute, but instead attributes for a base price product?... Since I can't see what you were referring to, I better explain. I'm using Product Priced by Attributes, price is set to 0 so prices are set per attribute. I can't use DISPLAY ONLY or the Starting at message is left blank which is not what I want. Even with your settings though, product can be added to the cart with 0 price. I'm using check boxes, and I've tested with radio buttons and same thing.

So you can see what I'm talking about http://www.byvalenti.com/store/index...&products_id=8

By default the first higher value is selected, but if you deselect all and click on the add to cart button, item is added to cart with a price of 0 anyways. No error message is sent out, which I find it very weird, especially since you mention your store sends out an error message?

I tried to replicate this same issue with the default template and same thing. I checked on random websites I know use the zen cart and same thing item can be added to cart with no price which could present problems with clients trying to purchase free products when in reality they are not free.

Someone else seems to be having the same problem? http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...y+cart+message

Thanks for any help.
    M.Valenti
    Contemporary Artist - Entrepreneur
    http://www.manuelavalenti.com - http://www.byvalenti.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast