Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can somebody please give me a hand!!!

Everytime i try to install the zen cart on my server i get through the firts pages fine but then it comes to the page "system setup" where it has the boxes with physical path details etc when i click on save system settings - i get the page cannot be found error all the time.

For physical path the computer tells me that it is "/content/BusinessHostPlus/f/i/www.fishing4u.co.uk/web/shopping" If i try anything else it will not let me continue Any help please.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can somebody please give me a hand!!!

For physical path the computer tells me that it is "/content/BusinessHostPlus/f/i/www.fishing4u.co.uk/web/shopping" If i try anything else it will not let me continue
    ...and if you continue with the above setting what happens?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What happens if you rename the zc_install/.htaccess file to htaccess_OFF ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Kim... it just gives me a "page cannot be displayed type error"

Dr Byte - i cannot find ".htaccess" within the install folder

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fishing4u View Post
    Dr Byte - i cannot find ".htaccess" within the install folder
    It's probably hidden in your FTP program, since files starting with a . are considered to be "hidden files", at least on Linux servers. You should be able to tell your FTP program to display hidden files, somewhere in your program preferences. Or if you filter on filenames that start with . you might find it too.
    Or, you could use your hosting account control panel's file manager tool to find the file and rename it.
    Or you could create a file on your PC named .htaccess (windows can be finicky with that though) and leave its contents blank or just a couple blank lines, and upload it to your zc_install folder, replacing the hidden one that's there ... effectively replacing the current settings in it with blanks. Or just edit the one on your PC in the zc_install folder, remove all its contents except the lines starting with a # and then upload it.

Why? I suspect that *perhaps* your server might be complaining about some of the mod-security settings therein.

Or else your server isn't accepting the overrides of mod-security and is simply blocking the URL parameters (likely the ones starting with http://blahblah) and doesn't want you to finish your install due to the risks that those kinds of parameters can mean if someone was trying to do something rogue.

You might get your host to override all those security things while you do the install. YOu'd have to talk to them and ask if they'll disable mod_security in your account at least temporarily.

A future version of Zen Cart will use a different method for passing parameters to the installer. For now it has this small limitation where some hosts block the data

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have checked the folder and cannot find any hidden files so created a blank file named .htaccess and uploaded it into my zc folder and still getting the "Page not found
    The page you requested was not found on this web server. This could be for a variety of reasons, including:
    You followed a broken or out-of-date link.
    You entered the URL for the page incorrectly.
    The page no longer exists.
    If you followed a broken link, please inform the owner of the referring page.
    If you have any queries about this error, please e-mail [email protected]. "
    Last edited by fishing4u; 22 Aug 2007 at 10:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What is the URL where you're trying to do this install?

I might also suggest that you verify that all your files actually uploaded successfully. The number one cause of installation problems is failed FTP uploads. Sometimes files fail to upload completely, or a timeout happens and they get left out or set to 0 bytes with no real content. A re-upload of everything often helps. Sometimes selective uploads of just the files that are missing or are 0 bytes will do.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Maybe it's not an FTP thing. Something's odd with your host server setup.

I think you can bypass the problem pages by clicking here:
    http://www.fishing4u.co.uk/shopping/...se_phpbb=false

Then enter your database info and continue.
    Last edited by DrByte; 22 Aug 2007 at 12:31 PM. Reason: URL correction

Plugin Contributions

I will give these a try a bit later on and let you knoiw the outcome - thank you

Plugin Contributions

Have tried the following now.

Re-installing zen cart ....... that seems fine and have the missing file also!!

Getting the same results as before though!! Have tried altering the file and still getting the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast