application error Problem creating customer accounts

I have a weird problem that I just can't find a resolution for other than starting from scratch with a fresh install. (Which is the last thing I wanna do)

I have been getting complaints from my customers that they are having to fill in the create an account form twice in order to create their account. I looked into this and found that when you fill in the form on the login screen and hit submit, it takes you to the same form, the only difference is that is displays

HEADING_TITLE

TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN

instead for what it should.

When you complete this second form your account is created. I know this is not correct and have yet to find a source of the problem. I have even tried swapping in new copies for the templates, modules, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to go to www.cjcrafts.com and check it out.

In the company name field just type "steve sent me" so I know to delete the test accounts later.

application error Re: Problem creating customer accounts

Quote Originally Posted by cjcrafts View Post
    I have a weird problem that I just can't find a resolution for other than starting from scratch with a fresh install. (Which is the last thing I wanna do)

I have been getting complaints from my customers that they are having to fill in the create an account form twice in order to create their account. I looked into this and found that when you fill in the form on the login screen and hit submit, it takes you to the same form, the only difference is that is displays

HEADING_TITLE

TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN

instead for what it should.

When you complete this second form your account is created. I know this is not correct and have yet to find a source of the problem. I have even tried swapping in new copies for the templates, modules, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to go to www.cjcrafts.com and check it out.

In the company name field just type "steve sent me" so I know to delete the test accounts later.

Update:

ok on further exploration now the create account form will not allow user to create an account at all. HELP!!! please

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem creating customer accounts

Are you using any discount coupons or anything like that in your store. I had about the same issue, but when you clicked submit it would not go to the next page. It created a account in administration but would not log the user on or send them a email. For some reason I went to the GV Coupons and set that up to give first time account creator a $5.00 discount. Then I went to Discount Coupons and set that up to give a discount for $5.00. They were both working against one another. How I cut off the GV Coupons and left the Discount Coupons under Gift Certificate, and it works like a charm. I don't know if this is your issue or not. I thought I would send it your way just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Are you using any discount coupons or anything like that in your store. I had about the same issue, but when you clicked submit it would not go to the next page. It created a account in administration but would not log the user on or send them a email. For some reason I went to the GV Coupons and set that up to give first time account creator a $5.00 discount. Then I went to Discount Coupons and set that up to give a discount for $5.00. They were both working against one another. How I cut off the GV Coupons and left the Discount Coupons under Gift Certificate, and it works like a charm. I don't know if this is your issue or not. I thought I would send it your way just in case.
    Nope. it's not allowing creation of accounts at all. it's really weird like I said. I am in planning right now in the event I need to redo the site from scratch. If my customers can't create an account it's a real big turn off. I do have some coupons, I don't use the gift certificate features. I know it has to be the result of one of the mods I have installed. I mostly just need to know roughly where to look for the problem and possible causes. I appreciate the tip but it doesn't seem to line up with my prob. Thanks though!

Plugin Contributions

Maybe you need to go to catalog/admin/ over right this login.php file with a new copy. Then go to catalog/\admin\includes\languages\english find that same file there login.php Overwrite that one too. See what happens. Go to catalog/includes\languages\english overwrite this one also login.php
    Maybe it will help you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

it displays

HEADING_TITLE

TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN
    That indicates that you've either deleted something from one of your language files, or your language files are incomplete or 0 bytes in size (result of failed FTP upload).

I suggest making sure all your files are complete, including the original files as well as all your overrides.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That indicates that you've either deleted something from one of your language files, or your language files are incomplete or 0 bytes in size (result of failed FTP upload).

I suggest making sure all your files are complete, including the original files as well as all your overrides.
    Alright, thanks for the input. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks to both of you for your help, I'll let you know how things work out.

Plugin Contributions

I just had this same meltdown last night. Everything was fine, then my client noticed when I presented her with my fine work, that she could not create an account. I wrestled with this for hours, then found this thread and remembered that one of my language files was dropped in transfer last night. I had re-upped it, I thought, but now that I re-upped my languages folder, everything is FINE!

Customer account creation works perfectly now.

Thanks!

Alright, thanks for the input. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks to both of you for your help, I'll let you know how things work out.

I never did find the source of my problem. After 8 hours of digging and scratching I never did find it, on top of that this problem has evidently been in existence longer than I realized. 7 months worth of backups contained that same glitch. I decided to systematically rebuild things from scratch, which resulted better for me than spending time chasing ghosts. I have a much more stable site now that I did. Lessons learned. rotten pain in the

Best of luck to you all

Steve
    Webmaster
    cjcrafts.com