Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default placing orders on behalf of customer accounts

Grettings Zenophiles;

We have customers who sometimes prefer to place orders via the phone rather than through Zencart. However, I would still like their orders to be logged in their customer account within Zencart; indeed, they expect to be able to go back to their on-line account and see their order, track its progress, have it listed in their order history, etcetera.

Is there any way to place orders as an administrative user on behalf of a customer account?

A separate but related question: It there a way to have semi-administrative users place orders on behalf of customer accounts? That is, I would not want our sales reps to have full administrative control of Zencart, yet it would be helpful if they could place orders on behalf of customers.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to any and all ideas.

Regards,
    Rick

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: placing orders on behalf of customer accounts

Search the downloads section.

Admin Profiles (Lets you assign multiple access levels for your store to multiple users)

Add Customers from Admin (Lets you add customers from within the admin)

Master Password (Lets you login to ANY customer account using their email and a master password). Once logged in, place the order as they would if they were doing it from your site. The order is added to the DB and all emails are sent as usual.

Mix and match the above for your desired effect.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

I built a small mod to facilite loggin in as the customer from the admin side see this thread

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...224#post475224

I also have a demo site running at http://www.vmitek.com/zencart/ where you can test it out.

Plugin Contributions

vmmeup, I wonder if you are asking for a "ban" ticket? You are posting the same thing in many topics.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Just trying to help people out...I searched forever to find a mod to do this and had seen many others looking for same. After not finding one I made this one and I'm just trying to contribute to those looking for a solution to do this.

Plugin Contributions

Vmmeup -- Very cool mod. Thanks.

Zenophiles -- One of the benefits of this mod over the master password mod is that you need not circulate a master password around to your account reps; hence, less for them to remember, hence less of a burden on the site admin because there is nothing for them to forget. Just tell your account reps to log in to the administrative console, find the customer, and press the Place Order button. Minor disclaimer: I only tested this out on Vmmeup's demo site, and haven't yet loaded it on my test/dev site, but I will soon.

Vmmeup -- I'd encourage you to submit this to the downloads section, because mods are easier to find there. Nice site, by the way.

Thanks again,
    Rick

Plugin Contributions

Rick,

Thanks but as someone else pointed out the way I wrote the code is dependant on register globals being on, I'm working on fiing it so they can be off. Should have done by the end of the weekend.

Thanks,
    Sid

Plugin Contributions

Hi Sid,

Yep, I saw that and, no worries. I'm not a PHP guru, but I don't think that it isn't fixable. And actually this is the beauty of open source development. Others critique our work, the software gets better, and we all become better developers in the process.

Cheers,
    Rick

Plugin Contributions

Exactly I haven't coded php in a number of years and I'm very rusty. I'm going to fix, but I my hosting company ses register globals on so I hope someone with globals off can test after I'm finished.

Thanks,
    Sid

Plugin Contributions

I'd be happy to help test. My register_globals is off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast