Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: V1.3.7.1 causing these Server errors ?

Server errorlogs usually also contain IP addresses.
    Although that is true in most cases, when running PHP as an Apache module and somebody tries to do something 'funky' (i.e. they are a somewhat experienced Hacker and not a ScriptKiddie) or there is a Database problem, you will see Error msgs. that do not provide an IP address. In these cases one would need to have PHP run as CGI in order to see the IP and a more intelligent error msg.

One can easily find out using: Admin > Tools > Server information and look for "Server API".
    If it says Apache then PHP is run as an Apache module.
    If it says CGI then PHP is run as a CGI.

If PHP is run as an Apache module then checking within the Admin section for Orders placed or attempted, could provide some more information as to what happened and when.

As to the OP (teamzr1) in general, it has been stated that Zen Cart is free software. You probably have a Hosting account that provides 'one-click' install of various Free scripts. That does not mean you paid for the scripts. You are paying for a "Service" provided by a Hosting company and some provide more/better service than others. As Zen Cart is a free script and Support is also free, one must remember that even though "they" may have a frustrating problem, answers to questions posted are provided on a volunteer basis. Nobody "has to" provide a reply and it's best to keep emotions in check when back 'n forth discussions are going on.

On the flip side, reading the Feb. thread it was mentioned that "Code has been committed to bug fix branch to try and address the problem." and a temporary code fix was provided. In that thread, nobody having the problem mentioned if they used the code fix or what the results were.

It would be nice to see the Zen Cart Development Team also update their posts and state the results of a bug fix; either within the same thread and/or a link to the update in the Bug Reports section.

I must admit, both threads mention the identical problem and it seems to happen, only when mySQL 5.x is being used. It is a known fact that mySQL 5.x does cause problems for "some" scripts and is the main reason why many Hosters do not yet use it, or offer both mySQL 4 & 5 to their Clients. But that has its own problems as well.

Troubleshooting can be very challenging. With so many variations available; Script used, Mods added, Server setup, etc., the more eyes looking at a problem and trying things the more likely a solution can be found.

Plugin Contributions

Eloquently stated, Website Rob. I think that the correct 'paid for commercial support response' would be:

Thank you for your interest in our product. Unfortunately, the configuration you are using is not supported at this time. Please correct this and see if the problem persists.

Plugin Contributions

website we are running mysql5 and there are no issues with it.

and DrByte did say that the issue in question has been fixed for 1.3.8,

and if the original poster would answer the questions posted by the developers they would have already had an answer,

it has something to do with multiple add to cart

but to make sure the proper fix is made more information is needed,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Well, since I posted the original error in February, I want to update that since the error was being generated by search engine, I did not install the patch. Also, the error was shopping up more after installing seo url which I thought might be reason. After I uninstalled the seo url mod, the problem stopped for months but once in a while I still see the error.

I just applied the patch about 5 minutes ago and I will keep an eye on the log to see if it fixes the problem.

Today, for some reason there was 39 lines of that error in the log file which is the most we've had in a while.

I will report back if this solve the problem. I must say that we've never experienced this while a customer is creating account, adding item to shopping cart or checking out which is probably why it hasn't been as big a deal. It's definitely not a problem that I can duplicate. There is also no ip associated with the error in the log file.

Plugin Contributions

If this helps, is the setting you asked for DrByte:

post_max_size 36M
    upload_max_filesize 30M
    file_uploads On
    PHP Version 5.2.3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123