Plugin Contributions

Default what version of php does Zen Cart 1.2.6 need

[FONT=Times New Roman]I have a Zen cart store built on Zen cart 1.2.6[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I know I have to upgrade, but not sure I can handle it my self[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]My hosting company is giving me a quote on upgrading it but I’m not to sure they can handle it ether. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]My main problems right now is that the admin utility is very slow. It seems to take for ever to add product attributes. I feel part of the problem is the server that the hosting company has us on. They have a faster server but say they can not move us to it because the version of PHP is newer than PHP4[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Here is there exact quote ([/FONT][FONT=Arial]Because your store is in Zen cart 1.26, which is built in PHP4, we cannot move the current website to that server.)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]I have a test server that I have been using to test changes before I change the main site. I have had this at PHP 5.1.2 for over a year running Zen cart 1.2.6 and have not had any problems[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]So is my hosting company wrong, will Zen cart 1.2.6 run with a new version of php?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]And if any one has suggestions for hosting, and help upgrading, please let me know.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]I welcome all comments[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: what version of php does Zen Cart 1.2.6 need

Zen Cart 1.2.6 does run on php 5 however it is NOT supported,

so Technically your host is correct,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

This is prolly off topic, but I just peeked at your site and according to the footer you have An Infinity eCommerce Solution.

That in itself is not a real problem, but the folks you are paying should be the one supporting it if they are going to claim the code.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Kim, I agree, but kind of stuck for now
    how did you know what the hosting comp. was, as I did not list the site address?

Plugin Contributions

A little simple detective work. You only have a few posts, I looked them up and found a URL. Looked at the site and clicked the link in your footer.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.