Plugin Contributions

Default Adding multiple images

I am trying to work out how to add multiple images using ftp.I can do the basics of ftp but as I am self taught once its get technical it goes straight over ny head. I took one look at the tuturial and was lost!
    I just want to know when adding an image .At the moment I add it in the product page in admin.Zen then alters it to a thumbnail etc. I understand there is a better way and that means inserting images via ftp.dOES THIS MEAN i NEED TO CREATE SEVERAL VERSIONS OF THE SAME IMAGE, IE DIFFERENT SIZES, THEN INSERT VIA FTP? Sorry if this sounds confusing but I am confused.Just in plain english step by step if anyone can

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding multiple images

Yes. To avoid overly large file sizes in inappropriate places and poor image size reduction by browsers that aren't really designed to do that, you really need three different sized images for each product. There's a step-by-step guide to this in the FAQ.

An alternative is to install Image Handler. This can be a complicated process (though not too bad provided you follow the installation instructions exactly), and then you need upload only one image per product and Image Handler will automatically generate the image files that you need.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding multiple images

Thanks for the quick reply. I think matbe image handler may be the best option for someone like me! I shall take a look at it over the weekend.Thanks