Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default credit card radio button dysfunction on Paypal site

On the PayPal payment form page, the customer must click on the logo representing a particular credit card type. When we click on the logo, we get no evidence that we have done so--no sound, no image change, etc. After filling out the form, when we click on "review payment," we get an error message stating that no payment type has been selected. This happens on several different computers that we have tried.

I contacted PayPal support and, to make a long story short, the payment page works fine from their end.

I've looked at their form code for the credit card choice radio button and it looks pretty basic--I don't see what could be the bust.

Our site is not yet public, but you can test it at www.mockingbirdbooks.com/cart

Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: credit card radio button dysfunction

Update: I just applied the latest Zencart patch for PayPal Express Pay, and uninstalled/reinstalled the module. No change.

I didn't really expect a change, since the problem seems to be on the PayPal side, not the ZenCart side. But why does this problem seem isolated to my site, and to people outside PayPal?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mockgjmokcb View Post
    On the PayPal payment form page, the customer must click on the logo representing a particular credit card type. When we click on the logo, we get no evidence that we have done so--no sound, no image change, etc. After filling out the form, when we click on "review payment," we get an error message stating that no payment type has been selected. This happens on several different computers that we have tried.

I contacted PayPal support and, to make a long story short, the payment page works fine from their end.

I've looked at their form code for the credit card choice radio button and it looks pretty basic--I don't see what could be the bust.
    I'd suspect that the main problem is something on PayPal's end.

You might want to start by fixing your Logo URL in your PayPal profile ... make it an SSL URL instead ... that'll get rid of security warnings at least.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the SSL tip. Sadly, as we both expected, it didn't fix the radio button problem. I am totally stumped, as it works for PayPal but doesn't work for anyone else I can find. And that page is totally on the PayPal server, so it can't be a problem on my end......

Default Re: credit card radio button dysfunction on Paypal site

I am having the same problem here - no one can buy with a credit card on our websites at the moment, here is a screen shot of the error message. There isn't a drop-down box or a radio button to choose which type of credit card. Paypal is my only means of payment on the websites at the moment, so we are SOL right now - ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance!

Scorpiowoman

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And .... what did PayPal say when you reported this problem to them ?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Hi Dr. Byte-

So far I have not been able to reach a real person at Paypal. I have tried the following three phone numbers:

1-402-935-2050
    called three times, automated menu options to no avail, when asked for the "agent" option, it hung up on me twice.

1-888-221-1161
    no one answers this phone number

1-866-837-1863
    no one answers this phone number

So, I have filled out a Paypal Merchant Technical Support ticket via e-mail and they say I will have a response within 24 hours... If you know any other numbers to reach paypal, please feel free to share them with me

You would think someone you spend thousands of dollars with a year would be more available to help their customers. Maybe they are just busy.

I have looked at the "website payment preferences" in paypal, but I do not see anything that has changed. This problem started after paypal updated their website with their "new look". Customers are calling on the phone, telling me they are getting the same error. The last "successful" transaction on the websites with paypal payment was Sept 3rd.

Thanks for your time.

Scorpiowoman

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your PayPal profile, do you have the option to Block International Payments enabled in the Payment Receiving Preferences ?

If so, try disabling it and re-test.

I did some asking around at PayPal, and there's apparently a known issue related to having this block set.
    And, when I was looking at MockingbirdBooks' site yesterday, I discovered that they *do* have that setting enabled. So, I suspect your situation is similar.

Well, paypal has responded with the following message:

Response (Paul)09/06/2007 04:38 AM
    Please be advised that it should work normally with FireFox and Netscape at the moment.

This is a known issue that we are aware of and we are currently working on a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice to know, huh?

AND Dr. Byte, you are the best. What you suggested in your last post WORKS.

I went into the "Payment Receiving Preferences" in our paypal profile, and unchecked the box about blocking non-us paypal accounts. Then, I went and did a purchase on the website and paid through the "Don't have a paypal account. CONTINUE" and it accepted my card this time. The page highlights the icon of visa, mastercard, discover, amex (whichever you are paying with - it can tell by your credit card number) and grays out the other icons automatically. Then you can click the "Review order and continue" button with no errors, and you can continue with the transaction!

I think that I still am going to sign up with authorize.net though, as this is the second time I have had a problem with paypal and them processing credit card orders for customers that do not have a paypal account without me changing any of my settings.

Don't need that kind of headache!

Thanks for all your help!

Scorpiowoman

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Apparently PayPal is planning to install a fix tonight. You should be able to test it again tomorrow with that Block re-enabled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast